Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I have a Eumig 614d Super Single / "Standard" film projector and the lightbulb hasn't been working ever since the machine woke up from its slumber. I already purchased a replacement bulb and yet I still get no light (motor spins though).

I was already told on this forum to check the fuses on the projector. My only question is, how do I find the fuses on this Projector?

Any help would be appreciated,

VolvoAmazon aka DeLorean_4,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Anytime one attempts to replace a fuse or do any type of trouble shooting on a piece of equipment that runs off of electricity, the piece of equipment in question MUST BE UNPLUGGED from the wall socket and from the projector itself if the cord is removeable.

Once this is done, you can open up the projector and look inside for fuses. Usually, the backside of the projector has a removeable side and fuses may or may not be found there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've opened both side covers and there doesn't seem to be a single sliding panel or anything that resembles a fuse. Is there anything else that could be causing this problem? Everything else on the maching works 100%.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Verification that the bulbs actually work is essential. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

If you can verify that either of your bulbs works in another projector that uses the identical bulb, that would be a great starting point.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought a brand new light bulb and replaced the old one, I suppose it works, and the main reason why I'm trying to fix the projector is because it's our only one and I have never seen another unit in proper working order in my area for sale. Ever.

Thanks for your help so far.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you test continuity on the bulb to make sure it is not blown. Also, many projectors used similar kind of bulbs if I am not mistaken so if you find another projector that has a bulb that works unplug that projector, don't touch the bulb with the oil from your hands and fingers, and see if the bulbs voltage and pin connections match. If they do you can test your bulb in the other projector.

While it may not be the bulb, you still need to verify that the bulb actually works.