Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a Canon 310XL Super8 Camera (great device) but as I was filming movie titles today I accidently hit the tripod it was resting on and it slid right off and instead of catching the camera, I caught the tripod (ouch). The camera's motors still run and everything seems alright except for the built in exposure meter (a very handy feature) that broke off from inside the viewfinder and I see a red blob blocking part of the image (the meter itself).

Will this effect the film? Or will it just block bits of the viewfinder from inside? I personally don't think it will affect anything though I'm just asking here to confirm.

Thanks in advance for any help on this topic,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by VolvoAmazon:
    I have a Canon 310XL Super8 Camera (great device) but as I was filming movie titles today I accidently hit the tripod it was resting on and it slid right off and instead of catching the camera, I caught the tripod (ouch). The camera's motors still run and everything seems alright except for the built in exposure meter (a very handy feature) that broke off from inside the viewfinder and I see a red blob blocking part of the image (the meter itself).

Will this effect the film? Or will it just block bits of the viewfinder from inside? I personally don't think it will affect anything though I'm just asking here to confirm.

<font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Are you saying you used a tripod to merely rest your camera on top of rather than screwing the camera into the top of the tripod???

Um, time to sell the camera on eBay. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

To answer your biggest fear, take the camera outside and point it towards yourself, zoom the lens in and out, as you do this see if you can see the iris opening and closing.

I guess I should try this with one of my cameras to see if this idea actually works.

[img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by VolvoAmazon:

<font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Are you saying you used a tripod to merely rest your camera on top of rather than screwing the camera into the top of the tripod???

Um, time to sell the camera on eBay. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

To answer your biggest fear, take the camera outside and point it towards yourself, zoom the lens in and out, as you do this see if you can see the iris opening and closing.

I guess I should try this with one of my cameras to see if this idea actually works.

[img]redface.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Yeah it works! Works best with the lens zoomed in. Point the camera towards you while looking through the front lens surface.

Now put up a black or white show card next to your face so that the exposure meter is activated, you should be able to see the shutter actually opening and closing as you move the white or black back and forth next to your face.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are you saying you used a tripod to merely rest your camera on top of rather than screwing the camera into the top of the tripod???
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Actually we got rid of our tripod some time ago since one of the legs couldn't stay upright so instead I used a music stand (still 3 legs) but the wall that I put up that kept the camera in place flipped downwards as I was adjusting the height. I will most likely be getting a REAL tripod now. Anyways it's abit too late since I already finished my 2 films. Hopefully things will work out once I get them developed, and maybe I'll get my projector working too...