Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I am a former ATAS Internship Scholarship winner and I stumbled across an interesting item in one of the magazines the Academy puts out. Please don't cut and paste the information below, instead simply put a link to this topic.

Thanks!

Clearance Cheat Sheet:

To exhibit your work on television or theatrically, you must have permission for everything in your work that belongs to someone else.

Music: If you use original music (recommended), always have a signed agreement with the composer. To clear pre-recorded music, you may need a Performance & Synchronization License, Master Use License and permission from the performer(s).

Logos & Photos: You cannot use a company?s logo, name or sign without written permission. You must also obtain written permission to display artwork (paintings, posters, photos, sculptures, etc.) as well.

If your character quotes a passage from a book or another movie, permission must be obtained from the copyright holder.

Likenesses: You must have signed releases for almost all the faces you show on screen. There are strict guidelines for how crowd scenes can be shown when obtaining releases is not possible.

Names & Addresses: In a work of fiction, a character?s name cannot be the same as a real person who is similar in age, ethnicity, location or occupation. Real addresses, phone numbers and license plates cannot be used.

Locations: No location is secure until you have two forms of written authorization: A location release saying the property owner gives you permission to show their property and a filming permit from the governing body (like the city) where you are shooting (yes, a permit may even be required to film a scene in your own living room).

Source: Copyrights, Clearances & Student Filmmaking, Loyola Marymount Univer

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:

Locations: No location is secure until you have two forms of written authorization: A location release saying the property owner gives you permission to show their property and a filming permit from the governing body (like the city) where you are shooting (yes, a permit may even be required to film a scene in your own living room).

Source: Copyrights, Clearances & Student Filmmaking, Loyola Marymount Univer
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">This one kind of freaks me out because it's saying I cannot create a piece of fiction without government intervention and approval. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]