Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

uh Roger, I already gave my answer a couple of posts ago.

I don't cowtow to selfish imbeciles such as yourself.

I think it's time you butt out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:
    uh Roger, I already gave my answer a couple of posts ago.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">No, you simply offered up a smoke screen that did everything EXCEPT answer the question. We all know what you did, Alex. And we all know why you really did it. But, if you want to retain any amount of credibility with people on this forum, you should stop hiding behind sophistic, cicular logic and answer the question.

What gave you the right to interfere in Matt Pacini's auction?

I don't cowtow to selfish imbeciles such as yourself.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">You obviously cowtow to SOME sort of imbecile, selfish or other wise. What else could possibly explain your insipid reasoning and blantant lack of ethics?

I think it's time you butt out.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Nah.

Answer the question.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alex: Why it's so difficult to you answer THAT question?

Do you really want to clean some air at this f u c k i n g forum or do you want to continue your mental masturbation over and over?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to clarify a couple things here, for those of you who think "maybe" Alex had a right to interfere with my auction:

1. I NEVER said my camera was defective in any post.
    I was stating how difficult the process of modification of my cmaera was to UltraS8, for the benefit of the newbies who were all claiming it was simple, which it is not.
    The camera was never defective.

2. My ebay ad, describing the camera as funtioning perfectly, was almost a year after the original post stating how hard my modification was, therefore OBVIOUSLY I successfully accomplished the modification.
    If I were lying in the ebay ad (which Alex seems to think) then why would I NOT be lying if I "updated my post"?

3. There is no connection in any way between my ebay ad and the ancient post sitting in the archives of Brantley's hostboard.
    The logic here is bizarre.
    There are probably over a billion webpage posts on the planet, and Alex is acting like there's some connection inherent in all of them.
    Ridiculous.

As far as Roger "butting out", since YOU INVITED ME OVER HERE BY YOUR INTERFERING WITH MY EBAY AUCTION, this matter concerns me, and I welcome Roger's input on the matter.

By the way Alex, I don't think anyone's asked you this before, so...

what gave you the right to interfere with my ebay auction?

Matt Pacini

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let's bump this up, as well, lest we forget what this is all REALLY about.

Answer the question, Alex.

blue demon

Psst. Roger Evans?

Okay, seriously now. Alex isn't around. Why are you throwing away all these hours hanging around an internet message board? I just don't get it. I'm getting a little entertainment out of this whole thing, but for you it seems to be, I don't know what?

Go outside and enjoy some more of life. There's a lot more to it than a dumb old board like this. I know how addictive these things can be. And what a great big waste of time. I'll be gone soon, but it doesn't like you'll be able to pull yourself out of here any time soon.

You seem like a smart and driven person who has a lot going for him in life?

Why would you want to waste such a prolonged chunk of your time badgering some guy who:

a) Can't possibly have any effect on your business or your real life.

b) Cost somebody else maybe, what, 200 bucks?

Look, that man is out there happily shooting a new trailer for a film in a more expensive format. Sure it's a **** off. So what? He seems to have survived. He looks like he's a survivor. I threw some mean *** welcome to reality **** at him and he took it on the chin and didn't off himself or anything. That's the kind of **** I make people break down crying when I scream at them in my office. Maybe Matt Pacini has what it takes to be a filmmaker?

It's hardly like Alex went out an destroyed your best friend's life or something. He pissed off an internet buddy of yours, caused him some inconvience. But it was only a 2 or 3 hundred bucks. Ask yourself: was Matt Pacini gambling his world on the sale of a super 8 movie camera, trying to get, hope against hope, hundreds of dollars more than the market value for these things. I looked up that camera up the other day. He got a handsome price for it, well in line with the very top of what they are priced at in the ads out there right now on the big auction search engines.

Frankly, by any rational measure, if you step back from this and really think about it, if you wash your hands of this silliness, you've dropped a whole pile of ******** out of your day. I see you, you're on here all the time. Day after day. What a waste of your time!

You leave, and everybody leaves. The serious enthusiasts seem to respect you in this tiny little obscure area of the world called "super 8". But little by little, by rolling around in the mud and the **** , you erode that respect.

I'm mostly talking about respect from newbies. Not just new customers -it doesn't boil down to that- I'm talking about people coming on here for maybe the first time, discovering the format you must get a big kick out of, and all they see is a badgering, relentless man with the name MovieStuff beside his posts. And he just goes on and on and on and on and on. And when some newbie finds out what the heck this is about, that's if they bother to stick around, they'll almost certainly come to the conclusion that this Roger Evans guy isn't somebody they really want to speak to. It's hard to get around the fat that it was a super 8 movie camera! No offense, but come on. And it's not like he didn't sell it for good money!

Not that they're going to necessarily think much of Alex, but you are soiled by association if they do. And this endless badgering only results in a reverse reaction to what you may believe should be their reaction to Alex's ebay thing -it is human nature to feel sympathy for the hunted. And if not that, then empathy and association.

They'll go on to other web boards if this one isn't delivering. Have no fear. You have no need to "protect" people from Alex's advice which you may find faulty. You can't protect the world.

You were right about one thing on another post, the one about my suggesting Alex ban you and the others. You said it's because he thrives on this kind of confrontation and stress and time-wasting.

I can only draw the inevitable conclusion, that that is your reason for continuing to be here, too. And far, far from alone.

You think about it next time you go to log on here. Are you really accomplishing anything except making Alex happy?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

someone doesn't know alex very well [img]redface.gif[/img]

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

i've never seen a newbie defend a mod so.

thumbs up to you, alex.... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmmm.... scratch that....

there was this one time..... *trails off*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Paradise Lost:

Okay, seriously now. Alex isn't around. Why are you throwing away all these hours hanging around an internet message board?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Actually, I spend maybe 10 minutes a day on this site, regardless of HOW it may appear due to the presence of my log in name. See, if Alex were REALLY clever, then my replies would take a great deal of thought but, alas, this hardly taxes my brain. His illogic is predictable, which makes my job even easier. Good thing he never went into law. A child could spar with him, intellectually.

Why would you want to waste such a prolonged chunk of your time badgering some guy who:

a) Can't possibly have any effect on your business or your real life.

b) Cost somebody else maybe, what, 200 bucks?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Well, I could very well ask you the same question regarding "A", as far as the time you spend here.

And, as far as "B" is concerned, it's nice to see a high roller come through town that equates 200 bucks as petty and nothing to miss. Email Matt Pacini and he'll give you an address where you can send a check to make up his loss. After all, it's only, what, 200 bucks? Apparently you wouldn't mind missing it, right?

And when some newbie finds out what the heck this is about, that's if they bother to stick around, they'll almost certainly come to the conclusion that this Roger Evans guy isn't somebody they really want to speak to.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Of course, the opposite is the truth. I get plenty of emails from people that think Alex is a **** and applaud my efforts to expose him as such. But, from a business standpoint, it doesn't matter if they want to talk to me or not. As I explained in another post, my sales aren't dependent in any way on Hostboard. I could disappear from Hostboard tomorrow and I would see zero effect on my sales. Despite Alex's belief to the contrary, the world doesn't revolve around Hostboard forums.

It's hard to get around the fat that it was a super 8 movie camera! No offense, but come on. And it's not like he didn't sell it for good money!
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Well, that's not the point, of course, and you know it. The point is that Alex's actions cost someone money because Alex interfered in that person's business affairs. I don't give a rat's asss if Matt lost a dime, what Alex did was wrong. But, again, this is really all moot because you see $200 as nothing and will be sending Matt a check right away. And anyone that sees $200 as inconsequential would think nothing of sending $300 because that's only $100 more. I mean, if $200 is nothing then what's $100, right? I'm sure Matt will be happy.

Not that they're going to necessarily think much of Alex, but you are soiled by association if they do.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">You ARE new here, aren't you?

They'll go on to other web boards if this one isn't delivering.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">That's up to Alex, of course. This forum is practically worthless due to his paranoia and control freak nature, anyway. It could dry up and the world would never miss it. Only Alex would.

You were right about one thing on another post, the one about my suggesting Alex ban you and the others. You said it's because he thrives on this kind of confrontation and stress and time-wasting.

I can only draw the inevitable conclusion, that that is your reason for continuing to be here, too.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Well, we all have our hobbies. Why are you here? In fact, you seem to be here as much as Alex and change your identity more often than my teenage daughter changes clothes.

Are you really accomplishing anything except making Alex happy?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">That's my job. Bringing a smile to those in need.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Psst. Roger Evans?

They'll go on to other web boards if this one isn't delivering. Have no fear. You have no need to "protect" people from Alex's advice which you may find faulty. You can't protect the world.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Gosh, It sounds like Alex and Roger are alike, you could say the very thing about Matt's auction. Although I simply wanted an update so that the topic post would have more value.

I can only draw the inevitable conclusion, that that is your reason for continuing to be here, too. And far, far from alone.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Yes for Roger, no for Alex. I'm currently involved in several very meaningful editing projects and that's why I wasn't here all day, and I'll be at it for the whole weekend and beyond.

I just want to be a helpful source of Super-8 information who gets helped in return by other experienced Super-8 filmmakers.

You think about it next time you go to log on here. Are you really accomplishing anything except making Alex happy?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">[img]confused.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast