Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bossjock-dp:

I just got a Nizo 801 Macro, very much like the one in your icon, I did not get an instruction manual with the camera, but I'm usually very good figuring out what's what on film equipment.

I do have have a two questions. On the top of the camera in the front there are two raised buttons one black and one green. I take it they are for zoom..right? (if so, mine does not work). Two; Their is one larger black button market "R" near what look like a cable release shift. Any idea's (anyone) how this works?
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a good thing that Filmspeed took the time to load a picture of a Nizo 801 on their profile page. First it triggered your question, Bossjock, and then the picture reminded me that the "ring" with the two colored dots located on the lens designates whether the camera is set to manual zoom or power zoom.

Your power zoom probably does work. Your "zoom ring" is set to manual, which disables the power zoom.

Here's hoping that your power zoom actually works.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks ....I'll have to give it a try!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Bossjock, I'm hearing the theme music from the edge of Night Soap opera (from the 70's & 80's, or was it "Days of our Lives? "Like sand through an hour glass, these are the Days of our Lives"...)

The music plays repetitiously in the background as the announcer asks the question, "will BossJock's powerzoom ever work again?

Cut to Bossjock as he moves in very slow motion as the announcer says "Will BossJock find a simple solution to his uncooperative power zoom, and avoid a costly repair bill...?" the music swells in the background as we hear the announcer say "These are the Days of our Lives."

---------------------------------------------

Ahem, psst, BossJock, anyluck?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alex, not sure what you mean above.

As far as I remember there is no switch to set the zoom to manual or power on this Nizo. Just turn the camera on and push the zoom buttons, if nothing happens its not working.

I never use power zoom and I like to locate cameras on ebay with fautly power zooms since they go a lot cheaper.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Super8 Filmmaking in the DigitalAge:Bossjock, I'm hearing the theme music from the edge of Night Soap opera (from the 70's 80's, or was it "Days of our Lives? "Like sand through an hour glass, these are the Days of our Lives"...)The music plays repetitiously in the background as the announcer asks the question, "will BossJock's powerzoom ever work again? Cut to Bossjock as he moves in very slow motion as the announcer says "Will BossJock find a simple solution to his uncooperative power zoom, and avoid a costly repair bill...?" the music swells in the background as we hear the announcer say "These are the Days of our Lives."---------------------------------------------Ahem, psst, BossJock, anyluck?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Thank you. I've injoyed using the manual mode, since my (mini DV) Sony VX-1000 is auto only, and I never have liked the "speeds offered while zooming. The fast is not fast enough .....and results depend on how hard you depress the zoom control. It's yet another example of the 'EXPERTS,'" who know best idiot proofing equipment. So people who know better but can't necessarily spend more money, can't get the results they are capable of.

What he say! Who is that Masked man!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cameraguy enters the room. The plot thickens as Cameraguy says, "Alex, you're crazy".

--------------------------------------

If you look at filmspeeds profile page, he has a close-up of exactly what I am talking about.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Success!

Glad to hear it. Not too many Super-8 cameras have a real disengage function for the power zoom lenses.

By "real disengage function" I mean that when you disengage the zoom motor via the ring, the zoom lens will manually zoom in and out real easy.

The Canon 814XLS and the Canon 1014XLS also have the zoom motor disengage function (however it is a three position switch, L, M, H. This can be confusing because the L is Low, and the H is High, but the M is not medium, it's manual!). Some of these High-end cameras end up with damaged zoom motors because someone who doesn't know there is a disengage feature will force (ouch!) the zoom lens because when it is in the motorized position because they don't know about the disengage function.

I don't think too many cameras had this disengage function.