Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Below is an update on the situation regarding Dwaynes and their Kodachrome processing. A couple forum regulars were concerned about possible water spots on Kodachrome processing.

Their in-house chemist is on maternity leave until the end of August, the next person in line was on vacation, but there was another person who is involved in the processing of kodachrome 40 who spoke to me and then checked out our forum!

Here is our e-mail exchange after we had talked on the phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- Alex <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for providing your e-mail address today. I hope the info located on my forum is helpful. We're glad Dwaynes is in business!

Here is a link to the specific topic post about
    Dwaynes...

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c&f=405&t=153#

Here is a link to the overall "Super-8 in the Digital
    Age" Filmmaking Forum.

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...bb=forum&f=405

-Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex,

This was a very interesting site I had no idea that you were all out there talking about us. I think it's great.

I will let you know how I fit in at Dwayne's. I'm the production supervisor of the Kodachrome processing department. I supervise the production end of things and Jenny takes care of the chemistry, and the customer service end of our movie line.

I will let you know I worked today to see if I could find any problems that may be causing the water spots you all have noticed. All was well the film looked great, so I think it must have been an isolated problem that must have been overlooked.

But if it helps water spots can be easily removed by simply hooing on the area like when you clean your glasses, and wipe gently with a photo sham-i. If you don't have a sham-i you can use a soft cloth. I would like to apologize for any thing that may have been less than satisfactory. We do take a great deal of pride in our work, and thanks for the vote of confidence you have in us. If there is any thing else I can do for you let me know.

-The Dwaynes Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for getting back to me!

I hold Dwaynes with the same kind of esteem as airline pilots. Don't disturb them while they are doing their job!

If you don't mind, I will post this exchange on the "Super-8 in the Digital Age Forum", but perhaps I'll not include your name so that you don't get phone calls that distract you from your co-piloting duties at Dwaynes! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

-Alex

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 23, 2002 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your diligence, Alex...you are a very persistant fellow! And thanks to Dwayne's for taking the time to look at the forum and address our concerns...it makes me feel a lot more confident about sending them my film...mike

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Mikey B. Me too!