Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DV versus Super-8, the Official Flame Thread...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Excellent points. I think of video as being an audio acquistion format that has a nice picture as a bonus.

Music Videos & Commercials are very logical choices for filmmaking. If a High volume of shooting and audio acquisition is required video makes sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well gentlemen. Of course each format hs its advantages and disadvantages. I can't say which is better. To ME...film looks better. So I'mmore of a fan of things made on film. It has richer, truer colors, better contrasts and more realistic deph of field.

However, i use both DV and film. Why, i even use them both in the same film. Why not? I find DV useful even in a film shot mostly in film.

I guess people take film moe serious. But i say, if you want DV to be as respected as film..make good films.

I think it's very true that DV has made people a little lazy and people do tend to "shoot away" because of the unlimited low cost of tapes. SO i say use DV but make your movie good. Or else no one will give a rat's *** about it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by crimsonson:
    "

"Cam noise?"

Never been a real problem for video, even when the mic is mounted... for Super8... good luck.

(FYI I actually have more Super 8 cameras than DV)

</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a quote from a camcorder review magazine.

Audio

The on-camera mic is pretty good but it does pick up a lot of background noise. If you're looking for a really good video, you're going to want to go with an external mic. I was disappointed with the amount of noise that the camcorder makes and how much the microphone mics up. In reviewing the tape, I heard a lot of background camera noise, a typical weakness of on-camera mics.

Here is the link...

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...der_review.htm

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345