Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In case anyone has missed this topic, it's a hot link on the first page of the forum, just below the topic picture.

Anybody have anything current to add to this topic!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 06:35 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From Kodak: Kodachrome with Processing Included - at a Great Price. Kodak announced a new listing of Kodachrome 40 Movie Film - Super 8 Film in silent cartridge with processing mailer. CAT No. 505 3335,
    Minimum order unit 1, Net per unit US $13.54. Filmmakers can get it from the Kodak order line, 800-621-FILM (3456).

(from the flicker info page)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well this ***** ; I called the Kodak number 1 800 621-film (where I purchased the PK-59 mailer) and they advised me to mail it to the France address listed on the mailer ($2.70)!

I hope I get it back.

Thanks,

Germanglass

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't agree with that. I am not experienced at sending my film out of the country to Kodak Switzerland because I usually send my film to Dwaynes in Parson's Kansas or I go to Yale Film Lab in North Hollywood.

But it seems to me that I would rather Kodak, New jersey send it out, or I would send it directly to Switzerland.

Before you send your film, lets see what the forum says. The pressure is on. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are totally clueless! I called them last week to buy 10 rolls and they said I had to mail the film to Switzerland. Which is the same thing they said to me six months ago when I ordered my last batch. In between I've been sending them to New Jersey and getting them back processed nicely without incident.

Oh, by the way, I got my most recent cartridge processed this way no longer ago than 2-3 weeks.

The funny part of all this is that there is this web of secrecy about where our movie film is processed that is leaving even the people that sell it in the dark. Two weeks ago it was the story that New Jersey is forwarding the K-40 to Dwayne's. What now? We mail it to France and THEY send it to Kansas?

The funnier part of it it is I have one PK-59 mailer left over so I decided to buy one cartridge without processing to use it up. They said K-40 without processing was $15, but with processing $13.54. I said to the rep "that makes absolutely no sense" and she agreed.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 09, 2003 09:42 PM: Message edited by: BolexPlusx ]</font>

Inactive Member standpointvideozine's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok im totally confused with this mailer situation. I've used PK-59 mailers before, I bought them from B&H photo/video in NY, and they were 6 bucks each. I sent the film out in the PK-59 Mailer and recieved it a little over a week later. (I'm guessing this went to Dwaynes because of the quick turnaround)
    Then I called Kodak 1800621film and ordered the K40 with processing for 13 bucks a roll. However, I was expecting to get a roll of film and PK59 mailer, instead I recieved a roll of film with a different pre-paid processing mailer inside. This mailer only had address outside the US listed on it. So I sent it to France and it took close to a month for it to be returned to me.

I really don't like waiting a month for my film to be returned to me, especially if Im shooting something that I need right away. Can anyone tell me what would happen if I addressed the processing mailer that comes in the K40 box with only outside US addresses on it to the Fair Lawn, NJ address?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just an opinion here. I believe that Kodak New jersey must be sending the film out on a regular basis to Kodak Switzerland.

So if you send it to New Jersey, they should get it to Switzerland promptly. From that point, I'm not sure what would happen next.

I've shipped Kodachrome 40 to Dwayne's in Parson's Kansas and had it sent back within 40 hours by having it fed-ex'd both ways.

Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey!!, Murphy Rules!!

I had one leftover K-40 with the old PK-59 mailer. It has an expiration date of 6/30/03. I made a point of using that cartridge and I mailed it to NJ on 6/25.

Wouldn't you know that the post office sent it to the return address (my house) instead of Kodak?

This is the only time I've ever seen this happen, as well as the only time it was this critical to get the film to NJ by a given date.

The lady at the counter in the post office this morning said "somebody got stupid" and threw it in the bin for another try.

Hopefully Kodak will take the original post mark date into account and not bounce it back if it shows up there on July 1st.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just thought I'd bump this in case anyone is interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12