Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Anyone know where these can be obtained? I called Kodak the other day to order a few rolls of k40 and plus -x to do camera tests on my new Nizo and the person at Kodak had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if I could get a pre-paid processing envelope or buy the k40 with prepaid processing. Was she just clueless or do I have to go somewhere else to buy these processing mailers?

Any comments out there on whether to go to Kodak for processing in Switzerland or Dwayne's? I've seen recent posts concerning problems with water spots, etc coming from Dwaynes labs but then again, I see posts saying that they have addressed these problems. Is it about the same price between Kodak Switz. and Dwaynes? I don't mind having to wait a few weeks to ship it overseas if the quality control is going to be better. Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Try this number. It's the New York office, where I buy the k40 pre-paid mailers.

212-631-3450

web page]Kodachrome 40

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

The 8mm Film Format Metadirectory lists three sources for these mailers: Adorama Camera, B&H Photovideo and Netphotostore. Every 8mm enthusiast should have the Metadirectory bookmarked. Just click on the link and then search for "PK".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 06:34 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The key thing is when you talk to Kodak say you want catalog number 505 3335. This is actually sold as a seperate product from K40 without processing. It's the same film but the mailer is wrapped up in the box with it, and the box is marked differently.

Until I mentioned this number, the customer service person on the other end had no idea either, and did try to sell me K-40 without processing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

So, today I took a "mental health day" and instead of going to work I took my canoe and movie camera and filmed the Fall Foliage along a local river. (Great Day, feel like doing it tomorrow too.)

I finished my first roll of K-40 that came with processing included. I just took a look at the mailer that came with it and saw 1) "Kodak Processing not Available in the United States" and 2) No Address in the US to send it to.

Is it safe to say this is a leftover from before Kodak changed their mind about selling K-40 with processing included in the US and the "PO Box 7000, Fair Lawn NJ" address will accept this mailer?

Thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a great topic thread! Lots of questions, lots of answers. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard on different forums that the Fairlawn NJ address is the correct sending place...they forward it on to Switzerland from there...how do you know how much postage to put on the thing..does the mailer have suggestions?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 06:34 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used the Fair Lawn NJ Address on mine, I'll be the test case.

The Existing PK-59 mailer says "3 Oz. First Class", and the USPS Postal Calculator

http://postcalc.usps.gov/

says 83 Cents.

K-40 with included processing really is a wonderful thing, but It will be even better when Kodak modifies the envelope to include the US as well. We'll probably have to use up the existing stock before this happens.

No gripes from me though, $13 and change processing included is probably cheap in proportion to my income to what I paid as a teenager!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast