Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by Mike Brantley on another forum...

Regarding Alex (who kept coming back in new guises), yeah that got old for sure!
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">lol, I want to choose my words carefully. Suffice it to say I HAVE NEVER posted as anyone else but Alex on Brantley's Super-8 forum. From the day Brantley banned me I have never posted again on his Super-8 forum. Mike Brantley, you are a liar.

A more detailed response is actually done but I'll let it sit for while, reread it, then post it.

Originally posted by Charles Doran on another forum...

Alex was the "M'Lord" of the day...always stirring up trouble. His arguments with Roger (and myself and Matt Pacini) were hilarious fun. So easy to get his goat.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">The M'Lord association is a one hundred percent lie by Charles Doran. Charles Doran, you are a liar and I'll address you that way if I ever meet you face to face, but I'll have a smile on my face when I do it and I'll even shake your hand.

The funny thing about Charles claiming it was easy to "get my goat" is that it was Charles Doran who went ballistic and looked for revenge every chance he could get after I jokingly replied to him in a post to "Take Two Super-8 film Cartridges and call us in the morning". I made this comment in response to Charles after Charles had ranted about how a business had bought his particular camera and then resold it to someone else for a lot more money.

Originally posted by bankanosaru on another forum...

Have some sympathy for Alex :lol:, for whom being banned is obviously still a subject he finds painful enough to be bringing up on cinematography.com.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">If nothing else, at least realize how easy it is to make a mistake or misunderstand something. I NEVER mentioned Brantley on Cinematography.com until I read your comment and clarified that it was not Brantley I was speaking of.

I was referring to the resident Cinematography.com self professed alcoholic who was handed moderator of a forum elsewhere he didn't even start. He too has made the lying claim that I was M'Lord.

Shooting 8mm would have five times the members it currently has if not for the patronizing attitude by a boisterous but very small minority that resides on that forum.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 22, 2007 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't say you WERE M'LORD, idiot -- I said you were the "M'Lord of the day" -- meaning a character who caused strife -- intentionally or not. Maybe you should learn to read better.

This is fun. Don't know why I bother posting to a board that has, what, 5 posts in as many months?

I'll let the other Amigos know you're still alive...
    Enjoy the Valley, **** .

[quote]Originally posted by Alex:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mike Brantley on another forum...

Originally posted by Charles Doran on another forum...

Alex was the "M'Lord" of the day...always stirring up trouble. His arguments with Roger (and myself and Matt Pacini) were hilarious fun. So easy to get his goat.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">The M'Lord association is a one hundred percent lie by Charles Doran. Charles Doran, you are a liar and I'll address you that way if I ever meet you face to face, but I'll have a smile on my face when I do it and I'll even shake your hand.

The funny thing about Charles claiming it was easy to "get my goat" is that it was Charles Doran who went ballistic and looked for revenge every chance he could get after I jokingly replied to him in a post to "Take Two Super-8 film Cartridges and call us in the morning". I made this comment in response to Charles after Charles had ranted about how a business had bought his particular camera and then resold it to someone else for a lot more money.

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ September 22, 2007 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really? And how many more members did you used to have on this forum until you banned a few and pissed off everyone else? Why don't you do a count on how many people you had regularly posting here back, what, 4 years ago compared to now? Unbelievable. You haven't learned a thing. Still ranting and raving over the past like a 12-year old misfit...

I'm going to be shooting another film soon...think you might want to audition? We're looking for a Ron Jeremy-type -- or at least someone who can fill the "discotheque sweater"....

See ya in five months, fuckface...

Originally posted by Alex:

Shooting 8mm would have five times the members it currently has if not for the patronizing attitude by a boisterous but very small minority that resides on that forum.

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ September 22, 2007 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You guys don't get it, and apparently you never will.

I just don't know if I should explain it to you.

I reach a minimum of 20,000 unique users every year between my forum, website and other places that I post about super-8mm. The links that I provide on this forum up above actually create leads for those companies listed. The topics on this forum are googled all the time.

Your caustic and patronizing attitude, shared by a very minor few, simply have caused forums like shooting 8mm to stagnate well below where they should be.

As for the past, the only thing that you can hang your hat on is Brantley wasn't very adept at being a moderator and sided with the guy who made film transfer systems, probably because Brantley wanted one. If Bradley had been an internally honest person he wouldn't have claimed to be a flag waving patriot in one breath and then roar that "this isn't a democracy, I make ALL the rules" on his own forum. That has got to be an all time hoot.
    You can make all the rules you want Bradley, but not letting members chime in their own opinons out of fear they would be different from your own was just the act of a child, not a moderator.

You of all people even admitted early on that Hostboard (Brantley's forum) was MUCH more popular than Shooting 8mm when I was posting on it. It wasn't just because of me, but I gave that forum an infusion of activity well before your buds ever started posting on Brantely's forum.

What you don't mention is that Hostboard went through two extended times (we're talking weeks) when it was not online, and that pretty much will kill most forums. In the meantime, Andreas improved the software for his forum and then his forum took off.

I helped get Brantley's forum cooking. There were others before me (even you posted there every now and then) who created several dozen pages of topics that I then responded to, usually about 6 a day, and his forum took off right after I started posting there, that is irrefuteable proof.

And before the three dysfunctional amigos joined together, there were no issues on that forum. Meanwhile, I still see fights that go on amongst the three amigos and others on a variety of forums.

My main point however is I credit Brantely for being an incompetent moderator who has grown not to be nothing more than a patronizing non-contributor who sold his super-8 website to what amounts to a quasi **** site.