Thread: Is this not the most elitist comment ever???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nigel
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Member # 17498

Member Rated:

posted June 02, 2003 12:23 AM

I have been shooting a few films and just got off one and now I am off to another. I haven't been shooting very much Super8 lately. I have been in S16 mode hard and fast. Not only that but the feeling is changing on the board the 8mm.Filmshooting.com has been shifting as well. Maybe we are all moving on.......

Good Luck

----------------------------------------- end quote ---------------------

I find the above to be an elitist statement because my enthusiasm for Super-8, my background growing up with Super-8, organizing several Super-8 film festivals in college and winning several dozen awards for my Super-8 films makes me an excellent contributor to any Super-8 forum.

Nigel's comment just sweeps under the rug one of Mike Brantley's biggest mistakes, unfairly banning me from his super-8 forum.

Nigel, do you even exist? Are you really a human being constructed with a backbone? I see very little evidence of that from your comment above.
    For you to ignore the fact that my banishment DID NOT help Brantley's forum is suspect at best. I was very courteous to you when we were on the forum together before a certain few red necks arrived.

But now it's time for everyone to "move on". It's as if Alex never made 600 posts on Brantley's forum before trouble arrived. Thanks Nigel.

------------------------------

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 16, 2003 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On that same topic from the Brantley Forum, a Mr. T Funch mentions me by name in a somewhat derogatory tone, (a reference to the shooting 8mm
    discussions) even though I have never conversed with this person. This T Funch person probably did not know about the "conflict" on Brantley's forum because they didn't become a Hostboard member until AFTER I was no longer posting on the Brantley forum, yet they still posted as if they knew about me very well...hmmmm.

Brantley then responded to T-Funch, and made no mention of the derogatory comment about me that T-Funch made. But three days later, part of T Funch's comment that mentioned me by name was removed.

The negative mention of me on the Brantley forum is why I brought this whole issue up. I want to know what I did that was so wrong on the Shooting 8mm forum.

Because I defended myself from a scurrilous and slanderous comment made by Mattias?

Because I defended my country's image?

Well, which one? There are no other posts one can point to, yet neither of those posts are reason enough to either ban me, or to post negatively about me on Brantley's forum about what happened on Shooting 8mm.

For those of you who post on Shooting 8mm or Brantley's forum, but won't post here, but come here to look, I'm going to ask you NOT TO COME HERE, please.

I can only ask, that's all I can do. But if you don't have the energy to make an occasional post here, just don't come here at all, because you are useless to this forum, because you don't contribute to it's growth.

If you can't manage a post every month or two, but you post regularly on the other Super-8 forums, don't come here, for you are the ones that faciliate the hate and the banning mentality by feeding the forums that foment banning.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QB]Nigel
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Member # 17498

posted June 02, 2003 12:23 AM

I have been shooting a few films and just got off one and now I am off to another. I haven't been shooting very much Super8 lately. I have been in S16 mode hard and fast. Not only that but the feeling is changing on the board the 8mm.Filmshooting.com has been shifting as well. Maybe we are all moving on.......

Good Luck

FYI

Nigel is responding to a post I left about the lack of posting on Brandleys Shoting Super 8 board.

Nigel is a working cinematographer and as I understand ithas been very buseny with paying projects.

I have contacted him by email several times along with chating with him in various post and he's allways been pleaset.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tell me about it. I hooked Nigel up with someone who had a J & K Optical printer when Nigel was looking for one a couple of years ago. I don't remember if Nigel ever contacted the guy.

I went out of my way to try and help Nigel, because I wanted to, and I liked helping someone who had helped make the Super-8 forums a nice place to poost. Now, Nigel doesn't post, doesn't respond, just pretends like Alex never existed.

Roger reams Nigel on a topic post just before I got banned from Brantley's forum, yet Nigel ignores me.

Compare the conduct of Roger and me to how we talked to Nigel on that topic post.

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=409&t=1350]Roger & Nigel

Yet Nigel can't find it in his spine to just say hello on this forum??? It's very odd that Roger could be so rude to Nigel on that topic post, yet Nigel, who I never had a cross word with while I was on Brantley's forum, never posts here.

Quite odd indeed.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 21, 2003 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>