Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey.

Just purchased an 881 on Ebay. Typicaly missing the batter holder, but fixed this (I hope) with a 9v battery and some styrafoam (after reading another 881 thread here). With the 9v battery in the motor runs when pull the trigger, but not much else seems to work. Not sure if this is due to the battery, the camera's bust or I'm not using it properly. So I was hoping that someone here has a copy of the user and maintanance manuals (who would be ever so kind as to scan them for me) so I can get this seemingly great camera up and running [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Cheers
    Rob

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Congrats on getting the 881. I really have no idea how long one 9 volt battery will run the camera, probably not more than a cartridge or two.

Make sure you are not on the LT setting or the auto exposure meter will not work.

The zoom lens may need to gently be rocked back and forth before the zoom motor works. If you go lower than the number 7, you have entered the macro mode.

You should not be able to get past the 7mm setting unless you first depress the macro switch on the side of the camera by the lens, however some people mistakenly force the lens because they do not know about the macro setting.

There is a lever behind the camera handle, when this lever is pulled away from the camera at a 45 degree angle, the camera is on and the zoom motor, auto exposure meter, manual exposure meter and plus one auto exposure meter should all work when
    the appropriate lever (located on the top of the camera) is depressed.

When the lever located behind the camera handle is flipped all the way up so that it is nestled against the bottom of the camera, the camera is off.

Warning, the above applies to the 881 and 861, although I've never actually seen an 861. All previous versions did not allow for the lever to be flipped all the way up.

It turns out that some chinon cameras, and some other Eumig cameras such as the 128XL use the same battery holder as the Eumig.