Hey all. My name is Gordon Meyer. Like a lot of you, I?ve had a vision of writing and producing movies and TV shows that I?d be proud to put my name on. I?m one of the lucky ones who live in Los Angeles and have access to some great classes and seminars taught by working pros, including a BA in motion picture production from USC.

I have to tell you, that as much as I got out of those classes, there was still a humongous gap between what I was being taught and what I really needed to know about creating a viable career for myself. I knew there was something missing, but I couldn?t put my finger on what, until I started talking to some producers I had the opportunity to interview.

I was completely focusing on the art of writing and producing while ignoring the business side. Lightbulb!

I started studying the most successful people in the business and what they did and had countless discussions with a close friend whose mantra is ?the key to success for any business is planning, procedure and proper execution.? Another lightbulb!

I decided to put all these thoughts on paper in what I call ?A Screenwriter?s Manifesto? so I could share what I learned. What can I say? I want to score brownie points with the gods of karma by helping others the way I would have liked to have been helped when I was starting out.

I?m at the point now where I?m looking for feedback. If you?ll email me at [email protected], I?ll send you a free copy as long as you agree to send me your comments after you?ve read it.

Thanks all!