Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To all of you searching for a place to find out more in the film escape, check out the guerilla forum in this same realm of message boards. You can go there by clicking on the "hop to" finder thingy. The people there have a good idea what they're talking about. Ask them anything, they are very helpful with the newcomers and give lots of information to help out the interested.

Keep in touch!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i also have decided that enough was enough and it is time that i get off my day dreaming arse and make this film short i have written a dozen times. the only problem is that as im not a student i can not find anybody time produce/direct this idea i have.

Inactive Member The Baines Hunt Rebel's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that guy is right go to the geurilla forum. My advice would be to get a camera and just start shooting. if you cant get anyone to be in your films then youll have to work around that. i know that sounds stupid but get your mum or dad to film you and be in your films yourself. they might be shite but you're learning all the time and thats what it's all about. talk seriously to your mates and you might find that more people are interested than you think. thats what i did and now im working on my first feature. ha ha. make your own mistakes and listen to other people and you should be ok. don't be over precious about working in london. it's cheaper elsewhere and much easier to get funding. and remember the first rule, there are no rules. good luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hiya everybody,

I am too an aspiring film-maker (from N.Ireland). If you want check out my site below.

All I gotta say at the moment is keep working and learning and having fun. I'll hopefully have more input later on. Bye

Phil
    http://www.topping.dabsol.co.uk

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Simple answer, ask the webmaster to have a "mentor list"...and perhaps change the name of the site to "Really Beginner Filmmakers & their Mentors"....

The webmaster can then go to the Super-8 site and recruit a few mentors for you.

The biggest irony in the world, and many
    of you hit on it.....If "I knew more about what I didn't know, I could ask intelligent questions!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey.
    Try looking at exposure.co.uk it has some pretty useful tips for new film makers from people that have already done it. But the obvious advice that is so overused, yet so true, is to get a camera, some film, a bunch of actors, and start shooting. Film making at our levelo is all about trial and error. Thats what I'm learning, and I'm sure that you will too. Another peice of advice I can give you is not to be disillusioned by you first attempts. Your first films are going to be crap, accept it and move on to the next one, learning as you go.
    Good luck, and Keep Filming.
    Ken

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey.
    Try looking at exposure.co.uk it has some pretty useful tips for new film makers from people that have already done it. But the obvious advice that is so overused, yet so true, is to get a camera, some film, a bunch of actors, and start shooting. Film making at our levelo is all about trial and error. Thats what I'm learning, and I'm sure that you will too. Another peice of advice I can give you is not to be disillusioned by you first attempts. Your first films are going to be crap, accept it and move on to the next one, learning as you go.
    Good luck, and Keep Filming.
    Ken

------------------
    Its MY TREE and I'll get out of it if I wish.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oops!
    Double vision.

------------------
    Its MY TREE and I'll get out of it if I wish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12