Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I NEED HELP. im just about to start shooting my first film and i need some help on like the basics of what people i need to help me [i.e the staff i need, lighting, sound] and any cheap alternatives for special effects or lighting or steadicams etc. please help. thankyou.

------------------
    Slim McJim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know what your budget is so I can't really give you any advice. If it's low budget film, then check out - www.undergroundfilmworks.com
    you might get some useful info there!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well thanks matey that was very helpful. its a really good site. ta muchly

------------------
    Slim McJim

Inactive Member DanO'Bannonrules's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Slim,
    My name is Liam McCallum and I'm the director and founder of 'Prosthetic People Productions Ltd'.

It's so good to see new faces in the film making world. Since you're just starting out you don't need to worry about a huge flamboyant crew (Hollywood style). My first
    feature was called 'Censored'. It was a comic horror about the effects of film censorship on a group of kids in the 1970s. It kept getting more and more adventurous but I was fortunate with those I had to work with. The majority of my crew were my cast, friends and ofcourse family. A piece of advice I can give you is to learn as much about the film making process as you can, then you'll never be stuck if your lighting man gets ill, or the sound guy has a heart attack (it happens).

I recommend you see the DVD version
    of El Mariachi and watch Robert Rodrigeuz's 10 minute film school in the special features (i think It's on the video version aswell). It's full of great tips (he filmed it himself, he lit it himself, he recorded sound himself, he edited himself and distributed it himself...not bad going really). All that's left to say is have fun with film making, if you get the oppertunity to show your artistic nature to the outside world, even if it's just your home town, jump at it... you'll go far.

If you need any more help or just want to brag about how well the shoot is going you can e-mail me at: [email protected]

Good luck Slim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.likeastory.com/

Like a story was a filmmaking message board covering just about everything you need to know about making an independent film. Unfortunately, March 15, 2001 it was closed to interactive content. But you can still look around in the threads.

-Corey