Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First time poster here. Had a question with film speed. I've been making films for a while now using mini dv cameras, but with this next film I'm doing I would like to film minatures so I need to be able to film at minimum 70 fps, but even higher would be great. Are there any super 8 cams that shoot extremely high fps. I found the Beaulieu 4008 ZM shoots at like 70, but I'd like to find a camera that shoots even higher if possible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You will have a hard time finding any Super8 camera that goes much past 70 or 80. Plus, you need to ask when the law of diminishing returns kicks in--The fact is that there are flaws in any system and just one of Super8's is High-Speed.

Good Luck
    PS--The 4008 is a great camera and you should get one anyway.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Ace1384:
    First time poster here. Had a question with film speed. I've been making films for a while now using mini dv cameras, but with this next film I'm doing I would like to film minatures so I need to be able to film at minimum 70 fps, but even higher would be great. Are there any super 8 cams that shoot extremely high fps. I found the Beaulieu 4008 ZM shoots at like 70, but I'd like to find a camera that shoots even higher if possible.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, you see, that's why film looks like film and video looks like you are in the studio with the host (ie live).

Why "spoil" film format with high fps to make it look live? I mean, what do they shoot most films in that make it to the cinema? 24?

Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm kind of curious about specifically what it is that you are doing. When you say "film miniatures" what pops into my head is "stop motion animation" and the frame rate becomes single frames as needed.

With a frame rate of 70 or higher, obviously that's not what you are up to, so please explain!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 01, 2005 12:50 PM: Message edited by: BolexPlusx ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

for miniatures and stop motion, you will need lower film rate, not faster!
    ?