Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, i'm new so bear with me. i have a DV camera and have used it quite a bit and done some editing on the computer. what i'd like to know about Super 8 is mainly about the editing and developing process. so here are my questions.
    Is it going to be easy to find film for a camera?
    What is the process of getting it developed? similar to still cameras?
    Is it possible for me to develop my own film.

regarding editing, once the film is developed are you left with the spool of film that you can cut and trim to your hearts desire?

basically i want to develop, cut and show all the things i shoot in my basement get my hands as dirty as possible so to speak so i can get a feeling for working with film.

P.S. I have very little experience with film what so ever.

P.P.S. I tried cutting some of my tapes but it's hard to tell where the scene you want cut is. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

any advice will be welcomed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Falloutboy,

Just check out our site www.onsuper8.org it contains everything you could possibly need to get up to speed on Super 8 - and its fully up to date.

Inactive Member Tasty Fish Lips's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If he goes to that other site and asks the same question, is someone going to respond by saying,

"Falloutboy,

Just check out our site, Super-8 Filmmaking on Hostboard, it contains everything you could possibly need to get up to speed on Super 8 - and its fully up to date."

Is it going to be easy to find film for a camera?
    What is the process of getting it developed? similar to still cameras?
    Is it possible for me to develop my own film.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For direct ordering in US & Canada for Kodak film, call 1-800-621-FILM (3456)

Getting it developed is sort of like still photography. Depending on the stock of film you get, you may have to mail it or find a lab that will process it for you. Kodachrome 40 stock must be mailed and takes a few weeks.

Ektachrome can be done overnight in some labs.

vnf

This lab in Toronto SELLS and DEVELOPS super 8 film:
    http://www.blackandwhitefilmfactory.com/

You can deveop your own film, but it's very tricky and requires much practice and precision.

Check ebay for all types of cameras and projectors and editing equipment.

regarding editing, once the film is developed are you left with the spool of film that you can cut and trim to your hearts desire?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes.

You can find editors on ebay where you can actually physically cut the film and splice together, then project in your basement.

Minette S 1 Editor Viewer b

Minette editor

Minette S5 viewer editor 2a

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ March 21, 2005 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Tasty Fish Lips ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 21, 2005 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Tasty Fish Lips ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. I'm looking at cameras on eBay as i write this message.