Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been away from Super 8 fpr a while. I still buy and watch Super 8, 90% for Silent era things and Cartoons and other short subjects, but recently a friend dumped a big pile of K40 sound and K40 silent film and about 3 or 4 really nice, but in need of repair Cameras on me to sell on e-Bay. I was wondering where I might get them repaired or new batteries etc. I might shoot all of this film before I sell the cameras. I have some prepaid mailers, are they any good any more?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No sense in fixing them to sell them. Just throw AS-IS on there and roll with it. Unless you know that they are top end cameras and even then it may not be worth the repairs.

Or, you could just keep them and shoot....

There is also the possiblity that they are junk and the listing fee would be more than they are worth.

Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you're a techie or you know one and they like tinkering,let them rip into the non working cameras.What have you got to lose?I've had some cameras that service people have told me weren't worth fixing that one of my tech friends have easily resurected.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Ted Wilby:
    I have some prepaid mailers, are they any good any more?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If there is no expiration date on them then yes they are still good but you have to send them to whatever the latest address for Kodak is (Beltsville, MD I think). Maybe somebody else could post the address. The other thing is that since Kodak discountinued Kodachrome the mailers will only be good until their lab closes which will be sometime late next year I think.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a quick question.

"Later next year" is that all over or just in the states. I live in Ottawa and have to send mine to Toronto. do you know if it will still happen??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All over. Once Kodaks Kodachrome lab closes all mailers or pre-paid kodak processing will be dead. Dwaynes lab in the U.S. will continue processing it longer but you'll have to pay.