Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a very old Super 8 manufactured by Technicolor. The Technicolor company can not help me. I can deal with not being able to find a manual for it, but that battery is non-existent. Is there something similar to a mercury 1.3 volt battery that will work in this? Will I be able to find film? I would hate to never use it... it was probably used once by my grandfather. Thanks for your help!

Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If the cell is PX-13, yes you can find a substitute for it. Many pharmacies carry a Zinc-Air equivalent for use in hearing aids. They only last a couple of weeks after you unseal them, but they come in packs of 8.

You can buy film direct from K0dak by calling 1-800-621-FILM. Ask for Kodachrome-40 in Super-8. It is a wonderful color film which is being phased out, so use it while you can!

You can get it processed at Dwayne's in Kansas:
    http://k-14movies.com/

Don't bother going into the local photo shop (if you can still find one these days) and ask about it. Those who even know what Super-8 is will either try to sell you a camcorder or tell you Super-8 died along with 8-Track tapes!

(What would they say if they heard Regular-8 is still chugging??)

Good Luck! Have Fun!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 11, 2005 10:27 PM: Message edited by: BolexPlusx ]</font>