My Elmo 1012 XLS has two significant problems.The trigger doesn't work.It runs fine when the master switch is on,but the trigger doesn't work.I've had some suggestions here of turning it over on it's side,which hasn't worked.I can live with this problem though as I can always use a remote control to shut it off.The Problem I'm having is with the iris readout in the viewfinder.I had one of my engineers at the TV station I work for open it up and he showed me where there was a damaged prism that was responsible for reflecting the f stop numbers up to the VF window.

My chances for finding an inexpensive fix for this don't look good,so I'm just looking for options here.The camera is functional and the auto iris seems to work fine.I can go manual but I have no way to tell what f stop I'm shooting.Now I thought about locking the auto itis on a grey card,but that would only work right with film stocks that auto keyed the light meter via cart nothches.Limits me pretty much to K 40 (no longer made) and E160(also defunct).Anyone have any other suggestions?