Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Super 8 questions!!

Hi

I have a Nalcom FTL 1000 camera and am about to make a short with it, i have 200T neg stock.

I dont have a filter key but have screwed something else that fits and i cant see a change in the view finder? also is it auto exsposure as i dont have any f stops on the lens or any where else, so how do i change the exsposer and set it for the right asa??

please help

ASAP

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Super 8 questions!!

Probably far too late but here's some answers.

Rather than using the filter key, or substitute, use a screw-in 85b filter on the front of the lens. It is going to be optically superior to the internal one. This is assuming you are shooting in daylight. If you are shooting with artificial light then you don't need to do anything, and should remove the filter key as the 200T is balanced for artificial light.

For aperture control, there is a button on the top lefthand side of the front of the camera. Pull this out and turn it to adjust the aperture, looking through the viewfinder for the f-stop. The automatic setting is pretty accurate, unless you have a very specific reason for adjusting the exposure manually.

The ASA/ISO is set automatically by the camera when you insert the cartridge, and can't be adjusted.

If you hear of any spare parts or accessories for the camera, let me know. I need a battery case and the lens adaptor.