Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I?m using a Schneider 1:1,4/6-70mm lens on my Beaulieu camera. Now I could get an Angenieux 1:1,2/6-90mm lens. Does anyone of you have any expieriences with that lens? Is it a significant quality improvement? The Schneider lens I consider to be very good, only with very open stop the contrast reproduction sucks significantly. But this may occure sometimes under low light conditions. Is the Angenieux better in this point?
    Thanks for your opinions,
    Pedro

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pedro--

I hatethe 6-70. I think it was the biggest mistake Beaulieu ever made. I use the 6-66 and a set of Cooke primes on my Beaulieu. I have used the new 6-90 once and I thought that it was a great lens. I think that it is a bit to telephoto at times--this is because most of my shooting is handheld. I hope that helped a bit--Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nigel:
    Pedro--

I hatethe 6-70. I think it was the biggest mistake Beaulieu ever made. I use the 6-66 and a set of Cooke primes on my Beaulieu. I have used the new 6-90 once and I thought that it was a great lens. I think that it is a bit to telephoto at times--this is because most of my shooting is handheld. I hope that helped a bit--Good Luck
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great points...!

I used the 6-70 once and felt that it was front heavy to the point of potentially damaging the supports to the camera if in fact you used it in certain handheld situations where the camera is being used for whip pans and such.

Hopefully you get to try out the 6-90 and see how it feels to you...and if you're doing a lot of hand held, Nigels combo of lenses makes great sense.

Also, these different zoom lenses are not necessarily interchangeable...some series of lenses that were made had different back-focus settings, so beware.

-Alex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your feedback. I think I will try to get it. $310 incl. shipping I consider to be a good price. I know, that any lens with Beaulieu connection (not simply c-mount) must be adjusted to the body by the service. There are also two different ways, where the fixing pin of the base is located, but this can be adapted by the service. Any other comments about sharpness/contrast?
    Pedro