Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pressure plate for K40 carts.!!

Frank Houiellebecq

Has anyone seen this article on either Wittner-Kinotechnik, or Andec (both German sites.) www.andecfilm.de/html/bildstand_1e.htm

Just seen this and it looks very interesting,

------------------

Ludwig

If have seen the results of the plate and
    you dont belive it, if you have seen this.
    Esspecially VNF 7240 and Color-negative runs
    through the camera and from beginning to
    the end there are no jitter problems.
    Also Kodachrome brings much better results.
    Simple, but it works

------------------

MovieStuff

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ludwig:
    VNF 7240 and Color-negative runs
    through the camera and from beginning to
    the end there are no jitter problems.
    Also Kodachrome brings much better results.
    Simple, but it works
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not being argumentative (who, me?) but how do you KNOW it works? I mean, how do you know the cartridge you shot was defective and the plate, therefore, improved the run of the film? The plate may very well work; I'm not arguing that point, actually. What I want to know is how you determined that it worked. After all, if the plate is $200, certainly the trick for pre-determining a bad cartridge would be worth the same. Strikes me that would be an easier route and you could make some serious money from a lot of nervous people! smile

Seriously, how do you know the film was defective?

Roger

------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

8th Man

I tossed in my 2 cents on another forum but I wanted to add to this as well. If this plate helps with the defective cartridges, that would merely be an added bonus. What I really am hoping for is a general improvement in overall registration. This I think is the biggest problem with super8, even more than grain and sound.

------------------
    PRM

Frank Houiellebecq

AH Finally some feedback, I was afraid this had been posted before, and I had been asleep during this earlier post. Well for what its worth if anything can improve the quality of super 8, it has to be a good thing, I would like to see the results, for myself and I believe there is a demo video being produced.

------------------

super paulus

I want to say that the pressureplate, as stated by the sellers, is not meant as a solution to defective cartridges; it is meant as an overall improvement to super 8 filming. The seller state the following about the presure plate.

It:

-improves the position of the image/frame horizantally and vertically

-overall sharpness of the image is improved

- films runs quiter through camera

- slow motion up to 80 fps will be without problems

This is my best translation

Paul

------------------

Matt Pacini

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MovieStuff:
    ...I mean, how do you know the cartridge you shot was defective and the plate, therefore, improved the run of the film? Roger

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roger, did I miss something here?
    Who said anything about defective cartridges?

Anyway, I want to hear from someone who has really tested this thing out.
    Ideally, they should have some test footage, shot of the same exact thing, like a test screen, with before and after footage, so we can see the results.
    I was never unhappy with registration in any of the footage I shot, but maybe that's because I was too busy crying over the excessive grain!

What is everyone else's opinion of the state of registration in quality Super 8 cameras, especially those with 16mm experience?
    Nigel?
    Scott Spears?
    Mattias?
    Are you guys out there?

Matt Pacini

------------------

Matt Pacini

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MovieStuff:
    ...I mean, how do you know the cartridge you shot was defective and the plate, therefore, improved the run of the film? Roger

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roger, did I miss something here?
    Who said anything about defective cartridges?

Anyway, I want to hear from someone who has really tested this thing out.
    Ideally, they should have some test footage, shot of the same exact thing, like a test screen, with before and after footage, so we can see the results.
    I was never unhappy with registration in any of the footage I shot, but maybe that's because I was too busy crying over the excessive grain!

What is everyone else's opinion of the state of registration in quality Super 8 cameras, especially those with 16mm experience?
    Nigel?
    Scott Spears?
    Mattias?
    Are you guys out there?

And the big question, do you have to remove the existing plastic pressure plate first, or is this thing an additional piece only?

Matt Pacini

------------------

mattias

from the website:

"The new high-precision guiding pressure plate does not mend defective cassettes or film material."

/matt

Ludwig

At the moment the plate is a special hand
    made precission piece, thats why it is a little expensive. The films runs better through the filmgate, that is the effect.
    The constructeur works for more than ten years about this, to find out, how it can works.
    The customers, who use this gate tells,
    that you can also use cassettes from the
    known problem Kodachrome 40 stock. You can directly hear, if the cassette runs
    perfect, or are some troubles with the cartridge. If the cassette makes noise,
    it can be problems. With VNF or Color-Negative you can can also hear the
    difference and you can see it in the results.

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast