Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What you need to develop your film (and this is the down and dirty way) is a dark room, a packet of D76 developer, fix and some foto flow.(a pair of rubber gloves are stongly recommended)
    First is get all your chems ready a three sink setup is best but you can always use buckets. Turn out the lights and start pulling the film out of the canister into the developer. To do this you will have to give the film a bit of a yank it will snap(be carefull not to lose the end back into the canister or you will have to pry it open in the dark. It is good to have a hammer on hand if prying does not work)Once it is in the developer agitate(very nicely) ever so often until the 8 min. is up. Then wash. Then fix for 4 min. You can now turn on the lights. Then wash. Then rinse with foto flow. Now you must untangle gently and string out to dry.
    Now the other things you will need to tranfer with are a super 8 Projector, a tripod ,A digital camera that can do negative art. ( this is because at this point the film is in negative because we have skipped the beaching process during the dark room session. We have done this because these chems. are hard to get and are very toxic. We have also found the the contrast of the film is alot better this way),and screen or a white sheet. When you transfer have the projector about 3 feet from the wall so the frame is about 4-6 inches by 4-6 inches with camera just above and behind the projector. Dont forget if you want to put it into positve to use a camera with a negative art function you may also have to play with the shutter speed to cut down on the flicker. This is when film meets new tech. Now that you have it on video you can put it on a non liner edit system and have fun fun fun. This may not be for all but we have had great results with this method at the school I teach at. If you want to see some films made by some of the students check out our web site below. One highly reccomended one is "I Am Rubber" but there are many more.
    Anyhow I hope this works for you.
    Good luck
    Kenna

------------------
    www.youthfilms.com
    Film Boot Camp

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot to mention that that this is for tri x reversal black and white film. You can also use 16mm black and white
    Kenna

------------------
    www.youthfilms.com
    Film Boot Camp