Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it possible to successfully stick say 20 frames ontop of 20 so that you will see both on top of each other when projected? I mean will it still run thro the machine ok.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it possible to successfully stick say 20 frames ontop of 20 so that you will see both on top of each other when projected? I mean will it still run thro the machine ok
    I wouldn't try it.It could damage your film and harm the gate in your projector.
    If you want to do a superimposed image such as what you describe here are your options.
    1)Transfer your footage to video and do this in post.
    2)Shoot footage using a camera that allows you to shoot multiple pass exposures such as a Canon 1014 or Nikon R-10.You will be limited to about 100 frames because of the design of the cartridge unless you shoot Fuji single 8 or double super 8 which would allow unlimited backwinding.But then you say your scene is only 20 frames long so this should pose no problem.
    3)Make a copy on film with an optical printer and specify to the lab that you are doing a superimposed scene.You could probably have it done with a contact printer but to my knowledge the only labs still doing super 8 to super 8 contact prints are overseas and I don't know if they'll do A and B roll printing which is what you would need.
    4)You could blow your footage up to 16mm and have it done that way.
    5)You could jerry rig your own optical printer setup and use a double super 8 camera for the camera-printer head.There are articles in the old Super 8 Filmaker magazine that have articles on how to do this.
    Obviously the easiest and cheapest way to do a supered scene is to transfer your footage to video and super it in post.
    Hope this helps.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

or...

what it I got the emultion off part of the film and stuck it onto another part of the film? Maybe I could steam it off? Any ideas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stan Brakhage used to cut two films in half, then glue them together along the center, creating a natural "split" screen. Thats not really what you are talking about though. Just thought I would mention it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, thats interesting, thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JackMartinEF:
    or...

what it I got the emultion off part of the film and stuck it onto another part of the film? Maybe I could steam it off? Any ideas?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You would still end up with film that would be quite a bit thicker that what your projector is designed for.
    There are projector heads which are part of optical printers designed to do what your're talking about.Yet they are used to copy film,not show it.The old Star Trek show used these things,called bipack and tripack printers,for the effects such as the transporter room and the phaser zap.