Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another nice WorkPrinter transfer!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Actor:
    Nigel--

Isn't the $225/hr that you think is a steal the rate for lab time? Doesn't an hour of screen time translate to about 3 hours lab time? That means an hour of screen time would cost $675.

I think Roger is charging $15/50 ft reel. At 24fps an hour of screen time is 24 reels or $360 at Roger's rates. Sounds competitive to me.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, the other big difference I think, with Roger's unique transfer service is, that he will allow us to transfer "just" a 50 foot roll at an incredibly cost effective rate....keeping in line with the Super8 low budget philosophy! I am involved with animation and we deal in "seconds & minutes" of film time, so Roger's pricing structure is a godsend! I do not deal much with pro-type labs, but it is my understanding (not sure) that they charge you the "minimum rate", for only 50 feet, which can be very pricey $ [img]confused.gif[/img] $. Whenever I get a chance, I have been posting (to other relevant sites or search engines) the Moviestuff film transfer service link, to "spread the "word"! Hallelujah, Brother Roger! [img]cool.gif[/img]

LIO

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 07, 2002 10:30 PM: Message edited by: StopMoWorks ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by StopMoWorks:
    "spread the "word"! Hallelujah, Brother Roger! </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

(Organ music rising and falling in the background)

Oh, ye-ah. Praise the lawd of infinite formats! May yo 8mm always be super and yo frame lines steady. Be synchronous unto your neighbor and deliver your film NOT unto the hands of infidels but to those that beLIEVE (say it with me, "beLIEVE!") in the virtue of the mighty 8mm frame. Though I know I walk through the valley of video, I have the strength that comes from resolution and the power of saturation. I anoint my body of work with lubricant in that my image may be cleaner and my film path truer. Ultimately, may the only clap you encounter be at the head of each take and the only dim bulb you deal with easily replaceable. In all these things we beg mercy under the watchful eye of the great yellow god, in who's presence all cartridges do jitter now and forever, amen.

Brother Roger
    Church of the DV8
    Services held 24 hours a day at 15, 18, 24 and 30 frames per second at
    http://www.moviestuff.tv
    Offerings gladly accepted via PayPal, pass the plate

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Dude....LOL...ha-ha-ha!!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

LIO

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nigel, you say you've had transfers done by THE TAPE HOUSE in NYC. I called them to get a demo but no deal. Do you still have a copy of what they did for you? If so, could you make a simple vhs copy for me and mail me it? I'll pay you for your troubles of course.

On the subject of demos, MOVIESTUFF, have you considered a brief demo to mail out? Like what Pro8 has. Might be easier than the free test you offer, even though that's a good deal and, I'm sure, an effective promotion as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GWE--

I got that rate because I spent some time at NYU as a student. The Tape House gave us that rate--They might still do it for all students. It would be worth it if they do since their work is great.

As for a VHS copy, Sorry--but I no longer have a VHS VCR.

Good Luck

Junior Hostboard Member JoseCarter's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Another nice WorkPrinter transfer!

keeep it up