Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm gonna graduate from high school within the next couple years, and I need to apply for a university or college.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any post secondary schools that offer a good program in filmmaking. more so on the film side, not digital video side.

Thanks
    Jeffery

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]cool.gif[/img] There was an article in a UK paper on this some time back.

Anyhow the gist was not to bother with a media course of any source, except maybe for the practical aspect and then they are likely to be behind the times.

The suggestion was to qualify in a practical related topic. To get into movies one has to blag and volunteer your way onto film sets. Being the unpaid gofor was better than any media course. Evidently food is always included on shoots so starvation is not an issue!

With the increasing use of digital media I suspect an electronics, IT, software related course would be the best bet.

It is a bit like trying to be a proffesional sportsman. of every 1000 who set out to emulate Tiger and the like, maybe 1 makes it. So it is with film making.

Just check out the biographies of some who have made it, and their trades might surprise you.

Electrical engineering seems to be a good start point.

Also, get a camera and start shooting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is Ryerson University in Toronto, Vancouver Film School.

Are you going through Grade 13?? There are also the Universities in the States like NYU and USC.

Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I've entered some film festivals with some of my shorts on super 8. Hopefully that's a good thing to put on my resume.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is Ryerson University in Toronto, Vancouver Film School.
    Are you going through Grade 13?? There are also the Universities in the States like NYU and USC.

Good Luck

I'm actually going into grade 11. There's no grade 13 in British Columbia Canada, and I think they don't do it anymore in Ontario, Canada.

I've been looking at Ryerson University, which may be one of my options. I've gone to a little summer course presentation given off by the Vancouver Film School. It actually seems kind of amatuerish, from the works I've seen, and the staff.

It'll be costly, but I'd like to check out some in the States. NYU and USC are great Universities. So I hear.

Well, thanks for your help.

Jeffery

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, either way I think that you will make a good choice. I have been out of the loop for a awhile. I really do hope that Ontario got rid of Grade 13, I always thought it stupid.

Good Luck

Junior Hostboard Member Charley7's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: post secondary education

Hello, I understand that they can recommend GAMSAT preparation courses for me here? I'm interested in the opinions of people who have taken similar courses and can help me with advice.

Junior Hostboard Member kevin51's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Online classes imply the need for high self-organization skills in a child - the student must independently sit down for lessons, complete all tasks. This approach is very effective in preparing for exams. When I started taking courses GAMSAT Online Course 2022 - Medic Mind - GAMSAT Online Course , in this way I was able to prepare well for the exam and pass it successfully with the highest score.

Senior Hostboard Member lonasin's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Hello. At the moment I use a special program for pre-university education. The main objective of such courses is to improve the general educational preparation of students and young people for the successful passing of exams for admission to the University of Oxford. My friend took such courses and recommended me because I, like you, dream of becoming a lawyer. I use mat preparation course MAT Tutors - 1-1 MAT Tutoring - Oxbridge Mind for preparation and it helps me a lot, I have noticed great success. I am definitely confident in my abilities, I will definitely become a student. These courses will definitely help you too.