Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mmmh ok, it's written under the pic : " Jean Pierre BEAUVIALA & prototype Aaton Super8 "
    Sometime, I'm really too lazy ...
    Matt

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cal godot:
    I don't want to start a debate either, so I'm not going to comment on the barely disguised racism about the Chinese.

I will say that unless you have at hand the total number of Apple customers who bought the machine in question, the number of people on the support board is no indicator of the rate of motherboard failure. It's not likely that someone will post to a support board to let you know that nothing is wrong with their computer. Maybe it is a "common" problem, but unless you can compare the number of broken machines to the total number in use, you have no idea.

I'll also point out that every moment of your life is no doubt dependent in some way upon some piece of technology manufactured in China, Taiwan, Japan, or any number of other countries that jingoistic Americans love to hate.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Support forums are more indicative of the minority of customers with 'bad' products rather than the majority of people with 'good' ones. Actually, my 'good' logic board failed after Apple did a preventative-maintanance type of swap with a 'bad' one when the computer was in for the CDRW drive. The computer was actually fixed in Texas and not in China.

As for will Steve Jobs ever open up Apple for other manufacturers when the new chipsets arrive? I really, really doubt it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by c_77:
    [QUOTE]
    As for will Steve Jobs ever open up Apple for other manufacturers when the new chipsets arrive? I really, really doubt it!
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it too, but he can't keep wating for Motorolla and I don't think IBM is ready to start developing anything either. It seems the only guys on the block ready to put out next-generation 64's is either AMD or Intel.

BTW..how do we post pics? I have something I want to show you guys...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK... How about modifying the seemingly endless supply of Krasnogorsk K-3s to run DS-8 film?

Hell, even run the double-wide DS-8 that's been discussed before. That'd be cool.

If there were an enterprising manufacturer/modder out there pumping out a reasonable number of cams, it might get Kodak to at least make ONE vision film in DS8.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456