Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suppose that it would be rather safe to say that everyone on this board, and therefore anyone reading this right now, is quite in love with film. Perhaps I could even be so bold as to say that everyone here is addicted to films - be it watching, making, or both. So in a sense film is a drug. Now I'm sure you are wondering where I am going with this, I'd be if I were you, but don't worry, I'm about to tell you... If film is a drug, then I, atleast temporarily, am a drug dealer - and like all good drug dealers I'd like to offer a sample of my product for free in order to get you hooked so you'll come back with the green. And so my idea is this: I'd like to send copies of my film to all interested in seeing it at not cost to the recipient. I always read on this forum about the films that you fellows have made, but of course, I don't get a chance to see them. So I thought it would be a good gesture, as thanks for all the great information I have gotten from this site, to give copies away. Reading all the topics on this site is a good way to learn about super-8, but I think watching a film shot entirely on super-8 would also be a good education. Now I don't expect anyone to write their address/telephone # on this all-to-see forum and so I will leave my email address for you to drop me a message. Perhaps this is a foolish idea, but I am quite serious. I don't expect to make any kind of money from this first film, I would simply like to use it as a calling card, a sample of my work and so the point is to let as many see it as possible. Also, constructive criticism from people who actually know what they are talking about would be invaluable. I'm starting to send it off to film festivals as well......I don't know....email me....
    [email protected]

Tayman Strahorn
    212 529 8241

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...and it seemed like such a good idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Becomedeath--

It sounds like a good idea.....

Let me know more about the movie I may be into seeing it.

Good Luck
    [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is this limited to feature films? I primarly shoot home movies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tayman,

I live on 8th street and 5th Ave, I would love to see your film but it seems to me that it would be a waste of money for you to mail it, would you like to meet me somewhere?

Dave

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I tried your email address and it didn't work--What gives??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure that I understand the question. Is what limited to feature films? If you want a copy just email me your address and I'll mail it. I've sent two already.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[email protected], I've received two emails, and subsequently mailed the copies, from people so I'm sure that its correct. If it doesn't work again I guess we'll have to figure something else out.

Dave, I would love to meet. I am working friday and saturday this weekend (the 20th and 21st), but am off sunday. If you are available we could meet somewhere and I can bring a copy, or I could watch with you to discuss it, whether be it at my apartment or yours. I know, however, that this may seem like an unattractive idea, in which case, I'd be glad to give you a copy when and if we can meet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by becomedeath:
    I'm not sure that I understand the question. Is what limited to feature films? If you want a copy just email me your address and I'll mail it. I've sent two already.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your movies that you're sending - Hell, I'll love to see anything you made. I'll e-mail you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can definitely meet you tom. (sunday) in order to pick up a copy of your film, Ill have to see if I have enough time to watch it with you. Are you available in the early afternoon around 1 or so? What kind of film is this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast