Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi all,

I'm not too keen to send my Beaulieu 4008 ZM-II to some company to get it cleaned and lubricated. They would probably make a good job, but the cost would be about the price of the camera! ...So I wanna do it myself and I also like to learn more about my cameras anyway...

4008ZM seems to be working well (haven't tested with film yet), but it keeps this annoying sound that I'm not too happy about. It sounds like some moving parts would get "stuck" every once a while? I'm not sure if the filmspeed is decreasing when this happens, but I guess(hope) not. It keeps this sound about once in every second.

1. Any ideas what could cause this?

I know how to open the camera and I have done it. Couldn't see if anything was wrong, but then again... I'm not a technician.

2. Can I lubricate the moving parts with something?

3. Is there something that I shoudn't lubricate?

4. Any tips on cleaning the camera. Brushes, compressed air, tissues...?

I'm also a bit worried about my 2008S. When I try to adjust the viewfinder the whole "tube" moves a little bit. I opened the camera and tightened the screw that keeps the viewfinder -tube in place. It doesn't move around any more, but I'm not sure should I adjust it somehow? It has screws for that though...

5. How to adjust the viewfinder in Beaulieu 2008 and 4008?

- Jari -

Ps. Anyone has a Canon C-8 wideangle lense? It's a really crappy lense and I'm willing to get rid of it for you... I can even pay the mailing costs... *laughs*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

anyone..? noooo...one..?

Ok, so I guess I have to get the repair manual and start digging into it... How do you repair or adjust or clean your cameras? I suppose that all of you don't have the money to send the camera to a technician for adjusting and cleaning every time it needs care...? Or do you????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by bigmasi:
    How do you repair or adjust or clean your cameras?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't. Some cameras are next to impossible to take apart. I own a couple of Minoltas and as far as I know there is no Minolta super 8 experts out there.

Originally posted by bigmasi:
    I suppose that all of you don't have the money to send the camera to a technician for adjusting and cleaning every time it needs care...? Or do you????
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I owned a Beaulieu then yes I would pay for servicing. Beaulieu is one of the rare exceptions in that some places still work on them and have parts. There is a guy in Sweden who is probably the best in the biz with Beaulieu.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I'll take my chances and try figure it out myself ....at least for a start. If it seems too difficult, I guess I'll have to send it to a professional...

if my Canon would need care I'll bet I'd try to open it also ...it's not just Beaulieus.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 12, 2004 08:37 PM: Message edited by: bigmasi ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The name of the guy in Sweden is Bjorn Anderson. I sent my 7008 Pro to him last year and he did a very good job. He restored the camera in pristine condition just like new.

About lubrication, you can use the light oil found in micro-tools.com called Nyoil. Here's the link:

Micro-Tools

Just avoid any plastic parts. I don't think Beaulieu 4008ZMII has any plastic parts anyway.

For cleaning, do not use cotton. It will leave fibers. Use clean room swipes. These can be found in micro-tools.com also.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by lastquark:
    About lubrication, you can use the light oil found in micro-tools.com called Nyoil.

Just avoid any plastic parts. I don't think Beaulieu 4008ZMII has any plastic parts anyway.

For cleaning, do not use cotton. It will leave fibers. Use clean room swipes. These can be found in micro-tools.com also.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks for the tips lastquark ;-)

Junior Hostboard Member Bagadan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: beaulieu cleaning and lubrication

Fortador offers the best air conditioning systems to help prevent mold on air conditioner unit. Our state-of-the-art air conditioners are designed to reduce humidity and moisture levels to create a healthier living environment. Don't let mold ruin the air in your home.