Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Andrew wrote:

"In order to rule out proplems, as silly as it sounds, I clean out my camera with Dust-Off before & after I use it. I use Dust-off because, I know a hair will break off in the gate if I use a brush."

= That concerns me as well. What is 'Dust-Off', please - do you mean compressed air?

On the projector, I take it apart & clean & lube it. I was suprised to find out how much dirt can find its way into one of these. As for the lube, I found that the oil they used at the factory just plain dried out. I had problems with the rewind and after some cleaning and a few drops of oil, (And I do mean few) it ran better than new. "

= okay, but i'm beginning to find many references to lubing the actual film, as opposed to the projector - how on earth is film lubricated and with what, i wonder?

= thanks

[img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dust off is Compressed air in a can that is used for things like computers . As for film lubing, you got me on that one. I try to keep all of my film dry & dust free. Can anybody add as to what "Film Lubing does". Or how its done. Or even "Why " its done .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi,

all i know for sure is that Kodak used to lube every film they processed at one stage, then stopped lubing their films entirely (when demand for cin? began to drop off)

it is a great shame the Kodak / Industry cin? technicians never got together and contributed to web sites such as this one - there must be such a wealth of expertise out there which will go to the grave unrecorded - this is tragic - it means we have to reinvent the wheel every time we pick up a cin? camera...

[img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12