Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm reading the Nizo 801 Super 8mm manual and it refers to 24fps as "semi-slow motion speed." I don't understand this. I thought 24fps was considered 'natural speed'. The manual states that 18 fps is the standard speed for this camera. Is 24 really a type of slow motion??
    Victor

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tlalconetl:
    I'm reading the Nizo 801 Super 8mm manual and it refers to 24fps as "semi-slow motion speed." I don't understand this. I thought 24fps was considered 'natural speed'. The manual states that 18 fps is the standard speed for this camera. Is 24 really a type of slow motion??
    Victor
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">18 fps is the Super 8 standard for home movies. 24 fps is for more "professional" use. So you can shoot just fine with 18 fps as your normal speed which would make 24 fps a slightly slow motion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I plan to shoot a short film (10 minutes) and transfer to miniDV to edit on my Mac. I had planned to shoot in 24 but if this is going to look slightly slow-mo then I should avoid it, right? Should I shoot in 18? I plan to sync sound using a external field record (don't know which yet.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can go ahead and shoot in 24fps if you like. In fact, I encourage you too. Just make sure that whoever is doing the transfer is capable of doing it at 24fps and that they know to do it.