Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, we call it bowling, but I see what you're saying. Most "fast" bowlers are in the 80-90mph range. The fastest ball ever bowled was a shade over 100mph. Trust me, it's truly frightening to get in the way of something like that.

------------------------

I bowl slow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But is bowling art? [img]eek.gif[/img]

Dali2

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good question Miker!!!
    haaaaa---
    Gosh, Uhm, [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh.. its just an English thing...like a old husband and wife who beat each other up for fun.. no wonder i didnt get it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DO you get POETS day et all in the states ? I am about to be a poet as have some serious birthday drinking to do !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it your Bithday Chance? - well anywho- Enjoy!!
    No- We don't have a POETS - WE have TGIF
    "Thank God it's Friday" -not the same, we don't get to Piss off early -as you would say.. but we do it to moan and whine till 5:00-

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chance still hasn't given any reasons why film not being art compared to other art forms like poetry, paintings, music and the like. The main reason I keep hearing is that a director shapes a story for the consumer and therefore delivers a finished product. But please tell me how this is not the case with all the other so called 'arts'?

Even more so, film uses not only images but sound as well, and can do many cool tricks with it! I find some of the videoclips from Cunningham, Gondry and Jonze good examples of 4 minutes of fine art.

But anyway, chance, you suck with your reasons and probably don't even know how to convince yourself!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's because he hasn't got any reasons. Other than the one's he stole from that guy when he did a post similar to this ages ago, arguing from the other standpoint that time I think. His whole "The director's made all the decisions for you so it can't be art." thing is just so patently stupid that I can't believe anyone would buy it. Except Chance.Whoever that guy was, (I can't be bothered to scroll though a load of text to find out right now, he's not important enough to me) and Chance, by their arguments against film being an art, are basically just trying to tell me that a film director is some all controlling all seeing person. Well, I don't buy that, I saw straight through the argument the first time Chance posted it and I see straight through it now. Directors simply don't have that much power. Films are mainly a collaboration between a lot of people who are all as important to the final piece as each other. The whole "I can walk up to a painting and look around it..." blah, blah, blah, is also stupid. I can walk up to my TV, or a cinema screen and do the same (Tip: Make sure you ASK FIRST.) So that's that point gone as well. There were some other bullshit points but they were so childish that I can't remember them now, so they obviously had no intellectual credibility. At the end of the day, they're trying to show off how powerful they are in as confrontational a way as possible. That guy probably sat up all night thinking up some points, just so that he could proclaim, "Film is not art." and then have some crap to back his statement up with. People like that are idiots in my opinion. Chance did the same thing by posting "Film is not art." in a massive font on this board, safe in the knowledge that he could borrow the pre-packaged, user-friendly, and dumbed-down (did I miss any?) points of someone else to back himself up.

As succinctly as possible, let's put this one to bed. Chance and that guy, (I'll call him Mr Bullshit for now) do not have psychic powers (Although you can see why anyone who would put this hippy crap on the internet:

http://www.howtobespooky.co.uk/ (nice and regularly updated by the way!)

would think that they have). They cannot stop me from having whatever reaction I choose to something. Though, as anyone who's spent any time around egomaniacs would know, they would like to be able to.

------------------------

Are we done? I really hurt my back this morning.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 18, 2004 07:29 PM: Message edited by: jb_617 ]</font>