Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Shooting a short... With all of you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

he's the one making more money than all of us put together
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">speak for yourself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The purpose of this film was to see if people on this board could actually walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

As Chance1234 rightly pointed out people had an opportunity to contribute but elected not to. Therefore I chose a bland script to keep things simple and focus on getting an actual film made.

This has been accomplished and therefore the film is a success -&gt; it achieved its original aim. Everything else (getting it round the festival circuit, selling it to charities) would have been an added bonus.

Frankly, of all the films, trailers and scripts people (including myself) have posted on this board the only item worth of any merit is "Attack of the Killer Sandwich Part 2: Leftovers Reloaded". Everything else - including "Helpless" - is just utterly forgettable dross.

However, I certainly learned a lot about producing and found an excellent crew through this endeavour hence I regard this exercise as having been completed successfully. I don't regret the ?600 or so I spent on it (we paid and fed all the actors and crew as well as shooting on DigiBeta - rather expensive...)

Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fair points Assyrix.

But when you say:

Originally posted by assyrix:
    Frankly, of all the films, trailers and scripts people (including myself) have posted on this board the only item worth of any merit is "Attack of the Killer Sandwich Part 2: Leftovers Reloaded". Everything else - including "Helpless" - is just utterly forgettable dross.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are kidding right? Nothing against Killer Sandwich but to suggest everything else ever posted is "utterly forgettable dross" is absolutely ridiculous.

By all means be defensive, but trashing everyone else on the board in a grand sweeping judgmental (just mental?) statement is not on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by assyrix:
    the only item worth of any merit is "Attack of the Killer Sandwich Part 2: Leftovers Reloaded". Everything else - including "Helpless" - is just utterly forgettable dross.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're crazy - Part 1 was much better than Part 2!

[img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Justin is right you know... sequels suck!