Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is where you get to whore yourself to the entire world. Or, look for a someone to help you on your next adventure.

Please don't use this space to comment on each others work. Take that to the floor for us all to read.

Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess I'll start...

Currently, I am looking to expand my resume/portfolio as a composer. I have been producing indie movies since 1990, so I understand what its like to work on a limited budget. If you need an original soundtrack, I am willing to work within the constraints of a tight budget in an effort to help promote my services and get my name out there.

The following is a clip from Randy, which features a hard-rock/electronic flavor of music. The story itself is about an exterminator who, through his own misdeeds, ends up in a situation that spirals completely out of control. When pressured, he ends up falling back on his training as an exterminator in an effort to remove the problem. One of the things the director and I agreed on was that as soon as the exterminator pulled down his mask and switched to killing-mode, the soundtrack needed to take on a much more industrial, machine-like vibe. This is what I came up with.

http://www.sn-films.com/Clips/Randy_blakes_death.mov
    (2:08) ~ 6.9MB

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 30, 2006 09:56 AM: Message edited by: sn-films ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PROPS
    ++++++++

Having props professionally made, is not as expensive as you think.

The 5YLAC Group which provide a range of services for the motion industry have just expanded it workshops taking on a Full time team of five professionals with over 30 Feature Credits between them; including Saving private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Troy, Sahara, Young Hannibal.

As we are a growing company, we are in a position where we can be extremely competitive on pricing. Unlike the larger prop houses we don't have the large storage capacity, so end up throwing a lot away which could be recycled or chemicals which we can?t store, have to be disposed of. For you this
    means the chance to get your starship console, Statue of Lenin, Giant mushroom etc made for near cost price and to a Hollywood standard.

Also, we know what its like to get your low budget masterpiece of the ground, talk to us in pre-production and let us worry about the art department, leaving you free to get on with the important blag, borrowing and stealing, just

www.5ylac.biz

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

(Following richard.fisher's advice I'm posting this here too - thanks to richard)

Hi to everyone at the forum.

Rather than write a short description of my work as a composer, I'll let the music speak for itself:
    www.soundclick.com/benbeiny

If you would like a full CV with credits and so on, don't hesitate to get in touch - [email protected]

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ben

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 04, 2007 04:59 AM: Message edited by: benbeiny ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Location Sound Recordist based in UK South-East.

Have kit, will travel.

PM me.

-Mike

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

New to this board, but seems like a great community!

...the whoring ensues....

I'm a film composer/music producer in the Mid-West. Sadly, there is little work here. All my projects have been from different states or even countries. So, the internet has been key in finding new projects.

I write in several genres, though my specialties are Electronica, Orchestral and Hip Hop.

I'm not cheap, but I'm reasonably priced, generally between $50-$75 per minute. Fees are negotiable. Also available are my volumes of royalty free tracks. Over 90 tracks can be licensed individually.

Check out my website to hear samples and view my demo reel

Thanks everyone!

Steve Gracy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Steve Gracy:
    Hello everyone,
    I'm not cheap, but I'm reasonably priced, generally between $50-$75 per minute. Fees are negotiable. Also available are my volumes of royalty free tracks. Over 90 tracks can be licensed individually.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi, and welcome. Well - in indie circuits, your price may be expensive, I honestly dont know - but for professional work its dirt cheap. Imagine doing 10 minutes of orchestral music, and earning $500. Thats maybe 10 days hard work, depending on your work speed. That being said, I doubt many indies would be able/willing to pay even that. Since the advent of cracks, and filesharing, everyone and their dog are composers, which means that we get paid less becuase everyone expects top notch quality from kids/brothers who just got a hi-end product off the net.

Anyway, good luck - I have not listened to your website yet, but I just wanted to welcome you here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't deny it, I'm in composer limbo..... been paying my dues for a while, and still not enough connections (or the right ones) to get the big gigs... but I have to keep at it ...

I'm just positive its all about volume. If I hit enough of these boards, and meet enough of the right people ... it'll happen ...

I've always been told that it's never a good thing to have a reputation of being cheap, and doing work for free only brings you more people who want work for free....

anyway .... i'm about half asleep, so I hope I'm not coming off preachy or anything... i do appreciate your comments. and thank you for welcoming me to the community....

i'd love to hear some of your work .....
    email me when you get a chance

[email protected]

thanks again

Steve Gracy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

I'm a UK based composer who has scored several full length features, 4 TV ads, various short films and documentaries, music libraries etc.

My website has more info and mp3/streaming examples in styles ranging from orchestral to electronic:

http://www.thebluemask.com

Feel free to get in touch with any questions,

Cheers,

Simon

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi there, i'm an experienced composer, looking for new projects to get involved with. I would also be interested in working on low-budget films.
    You can check out my previous work at my website:
    http://www.aitkenmusic.com.
    If you think I might be useful for any of your productions, give me a shout on 07934 609669, or e-mail [email protected].

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast