Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have some horror stories about actors or directors??

I've got one I want share but you go first.

Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've got two.

The first is about a very talented group of people coming to a message board talking about what they were and weren't doing, but then they all died.

The second one is about an actor who did very well on an audition, but very crap on everything else. Fucked my film up.

Although I can't really not blame myself either, me directing him and all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha!!

Yeah I understand what you are saying on both accounts.

I was shooting a film that had an actor that was the same way. It turned out that she was a bit part and they pretty much cut as much of her out as they could.

The situation I really want to spray about is one that involved an megalomanic director. He was paranoid and thought everyone was out to get him and would walk off set at the drop of the hat.

At one point I was wondering who actually cared about his film more. My crew or him.

Dunno if he actually finished it. I walked.

Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have two horror stories - unfortunately involving myself:

* I shot a comedy pilot which, albeit not perfect, had potential and cost me a pittance (?610) to produce due to favours given by friends. I then proceeded to hire two extra writers to doctor the script as well as a proper crew and location plus equipment to do a second shot which turned out much worse and cost me a fortune (at least ?20K). All due to lack of preparation and (it has to be said) ruthlessness in making tough decisions.

* My mate and I attempted to resurrect a guns-and-girls website which suffered a shutdown by its previous owner due to his wife objecting to it only for it to be derailed by - our own respective wives. We did still manage to part with roughly ?4K before that hit home.

Since then I have not done any expensive shooting and instead focused on the business side (drawing up budgets, networking at industry conferences etc.).