Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys... it's been quite a while since I've posted here. So long in fact that whatever e-mail address I signed up with is no longer current, and so I can't find out what my old password was... so I've started a new account. Seems like this place has gone very quiet.

Anyhow, hopefully somebody here might be able to answer something for me.

I'm thinking about getting a Panasonic HPX-502 for some corporate video work. It occurs to me though, that I mgiht be able to shoot a few shorts on it.

I HATE the look of shorts shot on an ENG camera.. but I'm actually wondering if it's easy to convert the thing to take 16mm primes, or even 35mm primes?

And if so, will it look much better, or will it still have that ugly digi look?

Anyhow, if anybody is interested, I've only shot one short film in the year and a half or so since I was last here. It's on youtube if anybody cares to have a look.

Here's the link :
    YouTube - The Beauty Of Patience (2007)

Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sup.

I don't really know the answer to your question as I'm not fmiliar with the camera. If it did work and you got some decent primes on there, you'd be able to get a nice shallow depth of field which would be somewhat less "digi" looking.

Watched your short. Not bad at all, good job. You could take that premise in a very different direction...