Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: OK...It has been dead here. Well??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, lets do the standard.

What have you been working on??

Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Completed two ultra low-budget music clips (as a lead from this very board no less) -

Wild Flower Video by Achilla - on the Metal Hammer CD! - MySpace Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=2037862706@@AMEPARAM@@mediaservices@@AMEPARAM@@m yspace@@AMEPARAM@@services/media/embed@@AMEPARAM@@aspx/m@@AMEPARAM@@2037862706
    and
    Rich Video by Achilla - on the Metal Hammer CD! - MySpace Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=2038723888@@AMEPARAM@@mediaservices@@AMEPARAM@@m yspace@@AMEPARAM@@services/media/embed@@AMEPARAM@@aspx/m@@AMEPARAM@@2038723888

Still working on "Sexton Lovecraft" and his adventures through several drafts and several writers.

Should be moving house in August, fingers crossed.

"The Sticks" is a bit flat on its face right now. I contacted the local film board who were also threatening to start a networking event, but even they were less than enthusiastic. So it looks like London is the nearest place for me to go and network (which isn't a huge surprise, just disappointed at the response from immediately local moviemakers). Guess I'll have to stop being so lazy and get my ass on the train.

I've also been buying up stuff for my own location sound kit. If things fit my schedule I'm still happy to work for expenses and food as I build up my portfolio. I recently did some pick-ups for a short film called "Comicman".

http://www.harp28.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Been busy working on short films for the museum I am hired by which in turn helped us get some coverage at a conference in London a few weeks back and have had a call to teach another one in November with my colleagues.

On top of that completing a zero budget music video that can be found here - www.fleetfilms.co.uk as well as trying to finally get my teeth stuck into a feature film idea I have had for years. Managed to get someone to be my script editor which has helped a lot lately.

Plus, I lost my password so couldn't log in [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This Summer has been pretty good...

I shot a couple shorts. One HD and one S16. Now, I am getting ready to do a feature in October as well as a few other small projects.

It would be nice to bust out the Super8 camera for a one-reel.

Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shooting a music video in 2 days time. Building a set that's about the same time as my flat. Spent the last 2 days in my dad's garage trying to get use sheets of wood to hold together using only panel pins. Should edit itself if we pull it off so i'll post a link. Looking forward to producing something i won't have to beg people to watch (a 2 and a 1/2 hour runtime puts people off).

Still read the board pretty often, just don't comment unless i have something to say (which is rare).

Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Nigel:
    I shot a couple shorts. One HD
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="24">HOLY SHIT!!</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know!!! Hard to believe ism't it???

It was shot on the HVX200 with little problems except the lighting ratios had to be closer and the highlights clip while the shadows crush out. It looks decent but I would have preferred to shoot film.

Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Trying to buy the rights for a pulp fiction series and turn it into a TV series. Once I got the rights I already have my eye on two writers and a director to sort out things. Thinking of attaching a famous name to it to get more kudos.

Other than that I am helping a published author to turn her life's story into a West End play. This may be an interesting one...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Writing.

Writing and looking for Producers and Directors to work with that don't expect a 120 page screenplay a month from today.

Writing and explaining to Producers and Directors that their 10 minute short only needs ONE act NOT THREE.

Writing and explaining to Producers and Directors that I write to the story and not some arbitrary budget they thought up without waiting for a script and a breakdown.

Writing and explaining to Producers and Directors that we don't NEED a line of dialogue there because the actors are going to ACT that bit.

Writing and explaining to Producers and Directors that the audience WILL get that bit WITHOUT it being spelled out in crayon because unlike them the audience isn't a fucking moron.

Writing and explaining to Producers and Directors that the script I wrote for their TV pilot doesn't blow. The premise and characters they gave me to work with blows.

But mostly writing and looking for interesting people that want me to write for them.

--------------------------

How about you?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast