Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm still waiting for a quote from a place in europe :-(

(and I don't actually have a DLT drive yet either)

There is a drive out from Pioneer, a 2 speed DVD-R which can do 4.7GB DVD's that can be read by standalone players. Not sure if this is the same as Apple's 'SuperDrive' or not.

Oh, and I had to chuckle at this... http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/16673.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

don't buy that drive gogto http://www.apple.com/uk/
    and get 733mhz G4
    It burns cd dvd's and pentiums
    What quote are you waiting for

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is fun. I like these threads. But, back to what I'm doing with my other hand. Since I have one hand doing the work of two on the mouse. I have the other one typing on the keyboard instead of holding down short-cut keys. Or I can do both, It's like having three hands and not two. Oh, yeah, I can scroll with the middle wheel on this mouse too!

As for the Dvd compression, without a dedicated mpeg2 encoder card, it takes about 25-27 hours to render one hour of dvd video, the time varies from processor to processor.

And it is true, Bill gates owns somewhere around 40% of apple computers. The other half is owned by Forrest Gump and lieutenant Dan. I saw it in a movie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a 3-button trackball hooked up to my G4, freeing up my left hand to bang upon the case of the G4 whilst I scream "You stoopid fscking Mac OS9!!".

I scream at my NT box more frequently, but it has a 3-button trackball as well. So does my Linux system, but it never gives me reason to scream at it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i dont use a PC or mac to edit i use a Miker smile but the reason i have a pc at home is that you can balance a cup of coffe more easily on the top of it

Chance

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bradley
    maybe you need a little assistants in getting your G4 to work If you give me some details of what G4 which OS you're running on and what software your using.
    Mind you I don't expect a reply cause I don't think you've got a Mac!!!!

Machead
    http://www.apple.com/uk/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

People often complain about Mac OS 9. It's the system I'm currently using and I've had no real problems with it. Certainly a lot less problems than I had with Win 98. I dunno if this still exists, but if you go to http://www.deadcowclub.com you can download a program to hack into most PC's running Windows. This may be illegal so don't blame me if you get in trouble for doing it. Just shows how insecure Windows is. Apparently you can download the protection software from Microsofts website too, but as i'm a Mac man, I don't need to worry about it!

Regards
    Keviano
    ReelRaine Productions

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

machead: Yes, I really do own a 450MHz PowerMac G4 which is what I use for video editing. I used to use my NT box for that but firewire under it was incredibly sketchy. I use the NT box now for 3D rendering, a linux file server for storage, and a dual-boot linux/win98 box that video-wise is used for writing musical scores via Voyetra Sequencer Gold (I have to reboot into DOS to use it) hooked up via MPU401 MIDI card to a ProteusFX. The linux partition on that system (AMD Athlon 750MHz) is for general use, programming, and (soon) my own custom video filters for certain specialized effects work.

To clear something up: I _love_ the G4 hardware. It's spiffy-fast.

I loath Mac OS 9 and will be upgrading to Mac OS X as soon as they release it to the general public. (Well, as soon as they release FCP for OSX, that is.)

It has taken me roughly 3 years to scrape all that equipment (plus video equipment) together. Any other disbeliefs that I can put to rest for you? smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is the 50 post hoooray!!!!!
    It is also my B-day today booooo!!!!
    I am drunk at moment
    Bradley go download this movie http://www.computerjock.com/films/gates.mpeg
    and although your after the perfect OS you'll realise its far worse on the other-side!!
    What problems are you having with OS9
    You havn't clarified this I have none

Machead http://www.apple.com/uk/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: gates.mpeg: This is one of my all-time favorite clips. (I don't like Windows either. Any version.)

Mac OS 9: In a nutshell, it's the horrendous memory management and multitasking. They suck. Badly. It also randomly locks up (or won't let me shut down, forcing me to kill the power manually), but not as often as Windows does. Mac OS X will finally give the Mac hardware the respect it deserves, including good memory management, true preemtpive multitasking, no silly filename length limits, and the ability to run gcc (with AltiVec support!) so I can write fast custom video filters/tweakers that tie in directly with Quicktime.

(Oh yeah, the software: Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, HP scanner TWAIN drivers, Epson printer drivers, and StarCraft. That's it.)

I've also noticed that Mac OS 9 crashes more frequently if I've connected to an AppleShare via Chooser. I have no idea why this is.

------------------
    I may not make good films, but at least I make my films!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast