Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol - simple solution dont worry about a mac or PC, simply open up your dv tapes get some scissors and selotape and just pray

Chance

------------------
    5YLAC Films

www.itkoa.co.uk

http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...ghts/index.htm

download the deadlights trailer at

<http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...s/images/deadl
    ights_trailer1.rm>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get a mac. As long as you don't get a cheap screwed up program like Strata Video Shop it will work great. And with System 10 coming out even if your editing program crashes your whole computer still won't crash. Also Final Cut Pro ($1,000) or imovie 2(free with mac) are apple's edditing programs. One only for mac is Strata Videoshop($250) or $80 woth Belkin usb Videobus or XLR8 interview. It has some good features and would be sweet if they fix the bugs/playback smoothness, but I sugest you avoid it.

I just found out they are testing a beta for Videoshop 5 and it sounds pretty promising.

[This message has been edited by sleezebag (edited February 03, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

C'mon dont you mean use gaffer tape ,chance

marti

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the replies

I have decided to go for the i-mac, it comes with the software i-movie free, is this actually any good or would it be worth buying final cut pro?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its good to see you going for a mac instead of a PC. iMac would be a good choice. And a G4 would be even better!!

As for as software Final Cut pro is an amazing piece of software that I recommend. iMovie might be abit simple (?) but its good its free.

Phil

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its good to see you going for a mac instead of a PC. iMac would be a good choice. And a G4 would be even better!!

As for as software Final Cut pro is an amazing piece of software that I recommend. iMovie might be abit simple (?) but its good its free.

Phil

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes you're one of us now
    final cut pro and i-movie are poles apart
    i-movie you can master in 2 hours max
    FCP I've been playing with for about 6 month's and still have alot to learn .It also depends on your knowledge of editng and how fast you learn
    I'm toying with the idea of selling my G4 tower with moniter and buying a new G4. I havn't made my mind up yet but if you're interested make me an offer for it (it'll include cd writer loads of software photoshop5.5, FCP, and up to 384 megs of RAM
    cheers brother
    Machead

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can go about it two ways.

If you want to learn what your computer is doing and how they work. Go with a pc. In addition if you go with a pc, you will be able to use a Mac with ease. I work with Macs and pc's. The only differences I can see: The control key on a pc is the same equivalent to the command key on a Mac. And the mouse has one button, so you wont be able to navigate with the mouse alone. They both offer the same software, and ussually the same hardware.

But if you want to know how to work an operating system, install hardware, troubleshoot, problem solve, and fix things that go wrong on your own. Go with a pc.

If you don?t, go with a Mac. But, I will say this. The Macintosh operating system has its share of errors too. Don?t fool yourself into thinking that nothing will go wrong if you buy a Mac, because things will on either system. The difference is that the Mac will freeze up completely, and may not recover if you reset it. This rarely happens in the regular operation of windows on a pc. You may get a blue screen, and your program may crash, but the operating system will continue to work. Oh, and you usually get a detailed error message if the unlikely happens. Unlike the Mac, which basically tells you nothing.

Do yourself a favor too. Buy a mouse with two buttons, my biggest complaint with Mac?s are the one-button hockey pucks. You Mac users don?t know what you?re missing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what is written above is the type of propaganda Adolf Hitler would be proud of.
    You can go on about having 2 buttons on your mouse and I'll remind you that the Apple key acts as the right button of the mouse
    I could go on but
    and I will
    I'd like to know what the average PC user does with his other hand (the one not operating the mouse) I'm not insinuating your wankers but mines always hovering over the short cut keys!!!!!!!!!

Machead

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Macs are shite, they are eternally saying "cannot perform operation: not enough RAM"

PC's are always expandble
    Mac's are not

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast