Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi,
    i'm doing a 5 minute short for my media studies course and has to be a gangster film. the trouble is i live in a rural village which offers no inspiration for such a film. i can drive to locations once i have a basic plot but i would like to hear what some of you would suggest......

Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A Goodfellas-style body disposal in the woods... making use of your rural surroundings

Plus you can say it's an "intertextual reference" and fill up about 200 words on your evaluation.

------------------
    "The problem is, I lost creative control of the project...And I forgot to ask for any money."

http://www.untamedaggression.iofm.net

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

daft gangsters that do a protection racket in a village with only one shop, hence the rural town, the shop could be next to your local cop shop

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why don't you make a short involving the preparation a hitman takes.You could research this its quite interesting and make a sort of fly on the wall staged documentary,It'll add to the realism without actually having to involve any major budgets or special effects.
    Of course you may want blood guts and zombies in your film in which case this would not be appropriate.

------------------
    MACHEAD
    I've only got one button on my mouse,what does that mean?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oxon? If you go to Wallingford School, why don't you just ask Mr Pentlow for inspiration?

wink
    Mods

------------------
    Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cheers for the responses, i really like the idea of the hitman's preperations.

i go to john mason school in abingdon, but i live a couple of miles away from wallingford school (dorchester)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well that then means you're not far from Berinsfield. Look at Fox's diner and that area, plus the scrapyard. Doesn't that just suggest gangster to you? Fox's diner would be great to use for a Pulp Fiction style film (restaraunt conversation etc). The scrapyard would be a great place too.

Dorchester doesn't offer much, you're right. However, don't forget you've got a whopping great river, dumping a body could come into it. Easily executed, fill some bin liners n throw em in the Thames.

If you come into Wallingford, there are loads of warehouses and warehouse areas that would work quite well.

Abingdon has a multi-story car park, it also has that weird thing in the middle of it, a building which is hollow at the bottom. That could be used.

Your area is full of potential. Just don't use the Clumps, thats our turf wink tongue

smile
    Mods

------------------
    Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Make a film about a profoundly un-cool, unfunny wreck of a man with no snappy dialogue and a bad haircut.
    He is used by a bunch of nasty drug dealing pimp types to perform nasty jobs, until his sense of guilt about his actions force him to rebel against them. This leads to him dying a gruesome death, the end.
    Try not to glamourise evil-doers and their criminal acts for a change. How refreshing that would be.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Only problem is, examiners would be looking at a typical gangster film style. If he's making it for media studies, he'd more likely to get points for getting ideas from other gangster movies.

Still. Then again, I think you just get marked on camera shots & editing ability.

Mods

------------------
    Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi,

sorry i haven't replied sooner but for some reason the forum wouldn't open on my computer. we've settled on an idea and been on a recce, we may use the water tower (base of) in berinsfield for some scenes, and found some nice warehouses in osney mead industrial estate.
    cheers for the ideas, what have u shot at the clumps? what type of film?

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast