Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Insperation

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gilson78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2001
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Why hello, I was wondering what someof you do for insperation for ideas. Watch movies, listen to music (what kind) Read books what?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member N. Foster Tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2000
    Posts
    211
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only like to write about stuff that interests me, and a lot of that comes from books I suppose. I've also always enjoyed reading autobiographies, interviews & bio's of my fave filmmakers...lots of inspiration (how they started out, their first films, etc).

    I love movies, but only a small, small few have ever actually inspired me to go out and do it. Gotta give a shout out to DAWN OF THE DEAD!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Back street sleazy wine bars, people watching and waking up in strange places.

    Alcohol, you cant beat it



  4. #4
    Inactive Member Them1tch's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like my life Chance.

    Guerilla Film Maker's Handbook made me get off my arse and get my first short shot through internet networking.
    Same is happening on my second short.

    Alot of the scenes from the stuff I write are related to things that have happened to either myself or those around me... pretty much makes them unique.

    Laters luvvies

    Paul

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tim.callaghan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2001
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    First of all learn how to spell that what you are looking for 'inspiration' smile

    2nd, listen to Chance as he 'really' knows what he is going on about, although your liver may not be able to take it, his experience and helpful assistance is 1st rate on this forum.

    3rd, buy the book Guerilla Film Maker's Handbook that Them1tch recommended as it is very good and will get any wannabe soon churned out to be a do'er no matter how big or small!

    4th, don't listen to me as I spend most of my time in the state described as much above, but without the experience, and even if I did I probably would have forgot it all due to alcoholic nuked brain cells.....jus kiddin'

    Tim

  6. #6
    Inactive Member k_wor's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2001
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Get a camera, some film stock/video tape, and shoot.
    I garantee that the first shot are crap, the lighting wrong, the actors...cant! But if you have the thrilll...then goooo.
    Chance has something with the bars though!!!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For my story inspiration I delve into my own psyche... Now don't be scared, everyone...

    I watch as many films as I can, read as many books as I can, and listen to as much music as I can.
    Then simmer for a few weeks until the tangled mess disolves wink

    The obvious inspiration has to be hollywood. Especially if it's by watching some tripe and vowing to do better.

    The best thing the Guerilla Film Maker's Handbook did for me was convince my wife that I wasn't 'off on one' biggrin

    On another note, I didn't realise 2 major things until I got out there to do it:

    1) I found it really easy to get people involved/get the equipment, etc.

    2) I found it a mammoth task to organise everything eek

    cheers

    Paul

  8. #8
    Inactive Member no_one119's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 1999
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine tends to come from the strangest places. The news, magazine stories, friends, the experiences I have. I tend to start with fact, usually one premise that really grips me, and then build a film around it.

    Although I have found that the 1% inspiration isn't my problem, it's the 99% perspiration that kills me, the writing.

    [This message has been edited by no_one119 (edited June 20, 2001).]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member wageslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2001
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lost weekends and weeks and months
    are never so lost once put down on paper

  10. #10
    Inactive Member marti-c's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2000
    Posts
    298
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Drive a black taxi cab for a week in a major city and observe life in it's beauty and uglyness!!!!!!

    marti

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •