Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

i have asked this question many times before, but i never get a straight answer.
    WHAT IS A TREATMENT?

is it a breakdown of a finished script or a breakdown of a script you intend to develop?
    anyone have any examples.

As i have only written and compleded one short film and with a feature in development i haven't yet needed to use a treatment or even synopsis as for a short, the production company just read the script and said YES.

I have been writing a feature film for over a year now and it is no where near first draft (this doean't worry me).

But I intend to write a film (probably for TV) about a 36 year old man that I looked after who suffered from a condition called huntington's disease following his boyhood (and fathers illness) his twenties and his struggle towards his early death.

How could i go about approaching a TV company to commission this with me only having an idea although i intend to write the script?

Also if there are any successful script writers, producers, directors reading this and based in the north of England (yorkshire) then I am free for any experience work (runner etc), or who would like to co-write a project then i am readily available.

cheers shooters

M1tch

------------------
    The Mitch is [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes, a treatment is essentially a script in development (sort of).

it describes the whole story, and can include 'real' bits of script.

it's kind of a whole script in note-form.

you would use it as supporting material when approaching companies for a commission etc. most of the time though, it's easier if you can get a 'name' attached to your project. you can write any old bollocks if you can say that Spielberg has signed a letter of intent to direct!!

good luck!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a treatment is basically a script without the dialogue, each new action should have a new paragraph. It is mainly a break down of the action so people can get the basics of your story.

www.cashproductions.co.uk