Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Steven Spielberg is represented by the same agency as Coca Cola. I would imagine he has an agent (CAA) to get him jobs, or at least filter projects for him.

What? You mean SPR isn't the truth, the whole truth and nothing bu the truth! You shatter my world!

------------------

neo57

Film can be art, it can be entertainment, it can be the worst use of light you've ever seen if it's done badly. But all of those fall under one category: film is a distraction. Film distracts you from your daily life, which for 90% of the people on this planet is pretty dull. It doesn't matter whether it makes you laugh, cry, think, or whatever, it distracts you from your normal life and provides something for your brain to do while sitting in a comfortable chair.

On the subject of the US supposedly making the best films in the world, of course they do. If you're American. Everybody makes films for people like themselves, and Americans like American films because they're made for Americans. I'm British, and I think British directors, scriptwriters and actors are the most intelligent and talented in the business. But that's because the films they make are for British people like me.

_neo57.

neo57

Film can be art, it can be entertainment, it can be the worst use of light you've ever seen if it's done badly. But all of those fall under one category: film is a distraction. Film distracts you from your daily life, which for 90% of the people on this planet is pretty dull. It doesn't matter whether it makes you laugh, cry, think, or whatever, it distracts you from your normal life and provides something for your brain to do while sitting in a comfortable chair.

On the subject of the US supposedly making the best films in the world, of course they do. If you're American. Everybody makes films for people like themselves, and Americans like American films because they're made for Americans. I'm British, and I think British directors, scriptwriters and actors are the most intelligent and talented in the business. But that's because the films they make are for British people like me.

_neo57.

neo57

_neo57.

neo57

_neo57.

neo57

_neo57.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

but is SPR entertaining?

and who are these hordes of people with dull lives ... where are they all?

who are the consumers?

well fuck me, if it isn't staring me back in the mirror ...

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR> But I can't help but find myself repelled away from purile entertainment as the source of my own creativity. It just strikes me as a sedative for the masses. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're a fuckin movie snob. Plane and simple. The type of guy who laughs at a goofy films jokes, enjoys a films clich?d gun shoot-outs and then slag?s the thing of as soon as you?ve left the cinema?You won?t admit to liking popcorn flicks?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR> You'll notice that there's actually an inverse snobbery here from the `entertainers` camp. It seems the notion of the filmmaker, as `entertainer` is the current trendy thing. It seems unpretentious, workman-like, and cool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly what a loud bollocks. Why? Read it again?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR> But of course in your eyes, Goddard and Truffaut are `the kind of pretentious elitist snob(s) that gives film makers a bad name`.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way would I think that. If their movies/experimental 'tit-bits' where good I?d like them. I LIKE GOOD EVERYTHING. POPCORN OR ART. THAT?S WHAT I?M SAYING!!! You?re the elitist fucker who shies away from popcorn flick?s BECAUSE THEY ARE POPCORN FLICKS!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR> I'm sorry but surely we've come to the point now where this whole `entertainment` vs `art` polarity can be seen for the sham it is. `art` can be entertaining (Jeff Koons) and `entertainment` can be arty (Bladerunner). They are not opposed so why do people persist in putting them against each other. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fuck-me (not literally) hairbrain you are thick as pig shit ? I never said it was a ?Vs argument?. I said they can be and ARE (IMO) one and the same thing.

In your previous posts YOU?RE the one who makes yourself sound like ?its me Vs entertainment? ? I was the one saying they can (and should IMO) work in harmony...haunting or otherwise.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR> An arty film which is not engaging is a bunch of crap... a `howard the duck` which is not engaging is also a failed endeavour. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is basically what I saying?I?m sorry but you make it sound like you?d sooner make an arty film that doesn?t entertain and is full of arty BS than a solid entertaining popcorn flick.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR> Film can be art, it can be entertainment, it can be the worst use of light you've ever seen if it's done badly. But all of those fall under one category: film is a distraction. Film distracts you from your daily life, which for 90% of the people on this planet is pretty dull. It doesn't matter whether it makes you laugh, cry, think, or whatever, it distracts you from your normal life and provides something for your brain to do while sitting in a comfortable chair. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell that to Miker & and his sidekick HB...No shout it in their dumb fucking heads.

-HAIRBRAIN ? you?ve gradually taken the best bits from everybody?s posts and transformed your opinions so they accommodate and fuse together these flashes of brilliance. Stick to you guns bitch.

--Some may think I'm wrong and intentionally winding people up - why? - But that felt mighty good - I don?t give-a-shit. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! ? THIS IS BETTER THAN TOP-TEN SHIT FESTS.

---Essay attacks are shit TOO ? talk some more bollocks on your own, I'm gone from this wanky thread 4-ever, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!---

------------------
    Jay & Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

Inactive Member The Baines Hunt Rebel's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much and goodnight.