Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    your not seriously tellin me burger flippers have "choosen a different path"!?!?!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Generic Skinhead you are an idiot. I'm sorry guys but he really is.

Don't you know about the hundreds of office workers who are just doing their job `for a living`? Don't you know how hundreds if not thousands of people sit in their offices dreaming up ideas for stories, films, music.... just wishing they could win the pools or get discovered so they could loose their terminally dull jobs and do something more rewarding.

If you aren't aware of the trap thousands are in then you are an idiot. You might aswell go and get yourself a mortgage, a couple of kids, a car, and a handful of debts and bills.... then we'll see what kind of films you make.... that is if you actually get any time to MAKE any films.

You guys are the condescending ones around here! You don't even know how lucky you are!

------------------

eddie

hey!
    You are talking about me!
    Ive done shit jobs all my life, and Ive also made half a film. Its a pretty shit job too!
    (All that organising, and for what?? - you dont even get paid for it...)

I agree with hairbrain on this. You guys really dont seem to realise how lucky you are -
    Still at least 200 years of technological evolution now brings us to 100's of amateur Zombie videos ,self indulgent art and the opportunity for people to be entertainers.

Hooray!

------------------

[This message has been edited by eddie (edited February 20, 2002).]

dtgs1980

Red face

at first i thought that hairbrain might have a point, but after reading a couple of his posts it's clear that he's just pretentious... although i agree that anyone who has the fortune of getting to make movies for a living rather than sitting in an office all day is very lucky, to say that anyone in that position 'should' make thought-provoking movies rather than popcorn entertainment is elitist crap... the bottom line is that at the end of the day, most of the general public (although i'd disagree with them) would rather watch armageddon or independence day than (for example) the three colours trilogy or schindler's list... to say that someone like renny harlin (director of popcorn shit like deep blue sea) is "wasting his life" because he doesn't start making something more meaningful is crap.
    dan
    ---------------------------------------------
    "you are not special. you are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. you are the same decaying organic matter as everything else"

------------------
    dan

eddie

Och! its just a choice. If you choose to conform then you choose to conform. If you choose to rebel then good luck to you.

But reform only comes from options and choice. Not everyones a reformer.

I just think that its a real priviledge to make a film, the least you could do is something *interesting* - rather than tow the line.
    Just 'Being A Filmmaker' aint enough. You can still be a boring conformist old twat.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I make movies because it stregnthens my manhood.

That's a joke by the way.

smile
    Mods

------------------
    Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey DTGS... you take me too literally. I `believe` people should make something thought-provoking. That doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and shoot Renny Harlin. And anyway we're talking about peoples aspirations here. Mr Baines Hunt made the statement that movies are objectively for entertainment. I merely stated that I don't `aspire` to making `entertainment` movies.

Admittedly I did go on and try to stoke the flames of argument up a bit... but that's just to get things going. wink

Yeah I personally `believe` that you only have one life on this earth and most people would like to do something great with it if they get the chance. But, if your anything like me, that's a bit of a tough call... but worth striving for.

I'm not REALLY gonna condemn `entertainers` as worthless lumps of meat... but I still think that, if you can do it and you get the chance, everybody should try and contribute something more than just another `Howard The Duck 2` to this world we live on.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey there.

"Whether you like it or not life is a mystical gift you've been given, a complex puzzle which begs disentanglement."

That line made my day.

Just because something is entertaining doesnt mean its bad. An "art" movie can be entertainment.

I get the feeling Hairbrain is yet to make a movie. Nevermind one that people have been entertained by. Maybe he has made movies and it didnt entertain anyone and thats why he is the bitter and twisted knob rash he comes accross as.

Despin out.

------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hairbrain, can you clarify your inane babble as I honestly don?t now what the fuck you are on about.

------------------
    Jay & Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not exactly a nice piece of work are you Despin?

And soulJacker I think you'll find the last paragraph of my previous post is written in pretty plain terms... just try reading it... you know one word after the next... like you do with books.

------------------

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast