-
September 19th, 2001, 02:02 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Okay I'm back with an actual question. I'm directing an odd little spoof and require my three leads to be basically identical. Since I don't have any readily available triplets I figured I'd use the age-old technique of using the same person as the three and twice and then editing them together or somthing...
I read how to do this once but quite frankly I forgot how, anyone know what the hell I'm talking about and how to do it?
------------------
Mindless, meaningless, just wasteful.
-
September 19th, 2001, 06:11 AM
#2
Pryce
Guest
Hi T,
You can do this with "blue screening" (it's called "Green screening" aswell - depends on which way you dress!).
The actual backdrop must be all the same colour - lit perfectly even. In big film companies they have studios with massive convex walls of light lit from behing with white light. (I am presuming this is out of your budget).
Test it out by standing against a plain coloured wall (lit as evenly as you can). Fire the footage to your editing software and see how it comes out (You dont want to spend hours of filming and it comes out rubbish eh?).
Another way would be to do some very sneaky acting and cutting. Basically you shoot all the lines for person-a then person-b then person-c. This requires a little skill from your actor to get the timing right and a little more skill in post-prod.
Hope it goes well - tell us how you get on - lets see a "How to film triplets" entry on the board 
G'luck - Pryce
------------------
http://prycejones.com/film/
-
September 19th, 2001, 09:14 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Hey there. An easy way to do this would be to just lock the camera down and have your actor his stuff. Then have him move to a different part of the frame and act as the second character the again have him movie to another part of the frame and act his part out. Now all you need to do is layer up your three pieces of footage in your editing program and do a simple split screen between each character. The hardest part will be to get the timing right. The actual effect would be simple.
Hope this helps.
Despin out.
------------------
"Ive got bad feeling about this."
-
September 19th, 2001, 01:23 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Yaeh, I've done that... I did an interview with myself once! I filmed me asking the questions, then when I had done that, I moved to the other side of the screen and refilmed it.
I then edited it together so both sides matched up...
You could also just film your actor doing one scene.
Stop filming, get changes and then film his replies on a different location. Do simple cutting as you would for a normal interview on the news.
------------------
KEEP FOCUSED!
Little Rich.
http://go.to/littlerich
[email protected]
-
September 19th, 2001, 02:51 PM
#5
Inactive Member
The Kodak Cine Special I & II 16mm film Cameras have a built in mask slot. It allows for side to side masking of the film. By rewinding and shooting twice you get the split screen effect on film. Other cameras have external matt boxes and are big stuck on the front of the lens.
If you film on a black background without any light on it you don't even need the masks. Images could overlap. Positioning would need to be worked out first.
------------------
-
September 22nd, 2001, 01:23 PM
#6
Ralph Snart
Guest
Why for is it that they all look the same?
sounds cool
Allow me to go on a brief tirade.
mostly because I am guilty of this myself and have had to go back and read some of my earlier postings to get back on track.
Have a game plan.
------------------
-
September 23rd, 2001, 02:04 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Okay well the basic story line is:
The main character has a variation of Multiple Personality Syndrome (a variation means I made it completley up, just adding that so I dont insult too many people)
The movie'll flash between the real world and his mind for a lot of pointless witty banter from the his three personalities: The well-dressed buisness man who has a hard time getting any work done beacuse of a obsessive need to look good, the Viagra-popping , and the filthy rich hippie.
Their costumes will vary greatly and so will their voices.
Next stop: Write the damn script.
------------------
Mindless, meaningless, just wasteful.
-
September 23rd, 2001, 03:34 AM
#8
Inactive Member
How identical are they? Will they all be dressed the same? All talk the same? This has little to do with your question, I'm just curious.
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks