Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Which is better? I know that Macs are sopposed to be faster and better for editing but they suck for everything else. My firewire for my PC is always screwing around and I'm having a bitch of a time trying to get working consistantly. My PC only detects the driver about have the time. It's unreliable. What should I do?

------------------
    I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORNING

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think that you should go for a Mac - apple developed the fire wire connection platform and it is installed on all there computers (bar the basic iMac) so there is no chance of connection problems, you also get a reasonably good editing package with every computer iMovie or you can buy the powerfull Final Cut Pro 3, macs are faster at processing data allowing you to apply effects/transitions in real time so you dont need a video card.. what else... you said that they cant do all the things PC's can well they can using Virtual PC, which allows you to run Windoz on the mac... they are more logical in how you use them... they dont crash using Mac OS X... they look nice... just get a MAC... go to www.apple.com for more info

------------------
    Dead girl's dont say no!

Ralph Snart

I honestly do not know that a mac is better than a pc or vise versa.

If you are having sporatic driver failure; or what seems to be anyway, be sure that you are following the instructions properly.

Sometimes if you turn on a this before you plug in a that; it can look like a software problem. Then go to the software companies by telephone first.

In my opinion if you just start downloading a bunch of crud you are asking for trouble.

Not that patches etc. can not repair a chronic problem and are not a necessary part of the computer industry.

However I have noticed a solve one problem but create three inadvertantly syndrome fliting about.
    Especially with newer microsoft os's

Often times patches or fixes will just alter something, as such to make it better, however it is different, and you are sitting there chain smoking saying.........

This is a really vast subject. Do your homework. I just had to spend more money than I want to think about on new magazenes just to keep up.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have connected the firewire properly and I have installed the driver numrous times and I have even taken it to several places to fix it but after all that, it still fails. I have a clone with all esencial hardware but I think it might be conflicting with my ATI capture card. I am not sure if it is my budget to buy a whole new computer just yet. But I now know what my next one is going to be. Until then, I have to somehow fix it.

------------------
    I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORNING

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Purchase Windows XP, its solid as a rock. That should help but you'll need a memory boost, at least 256mb.

------------------
    You wasted your budget on that?!?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what I will say is that my 2 and 1/2 year old Mac (350mghz G4) will capture and edit without a single problem.God knows how good the new ones are!!!
    If your thinking of getting a Mac waite a bit normally end of January new products are lauched,the G5 will be coming out sometime next year(unlikely to be in January),and they are going to be very fast.

------------------
    MACHEAD
    Windows10P:
    32 bit extension and graphical interface for a 16 bit patch to an
    8 bit operating system initially coded for a
    4 bit microprocessor written by a
    2 bit company that cannot stand 1 bit of competition.

Ralph Snart

Is your ATI AGP or PCI?

ATI AGP is a fickle thing.
    Mine comes with a whole stack of drivers.
    I pray a lot.

Call the companies.

This is going to sound strange; but sometimes it is a matter of having everything turned on then restarting your computer.

(as long as this is not in disagreement with any given factory specs for any given product)

Your computer may be considering everything plugged in to it as a constituant portion of itself.
    monitors, T.V's, cameras, VCR's
    (serious)

If you can not get a factory answer you may have to either play ALPHA BETA tester or find either a software or hardware work around.

It sort of becomes like building your own car no one is going to know it quite like you are.

My wiring system is only missing the tomato sause.

It could be any one of a dozen things.

Additionally because you do not get a satisfactory answer from one factory rep could mean that he doesn't know.

If I have to call the factory I usually do so early in the morning like 2 or 3 am their time.

I have had the whole boiler room full of HP reps going HMMM?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey Ralph the guy asked what's better Mac or PC is this your way of saying buy a MAC!!

------------------
    MACHEAD
    Windows10P:
    32 bit extension and graphical interface for a 16 bit patch to an
    8 bit operating system initially coded for a
    4 bit microprocessor written by a
    2 bit company that cannot stand 1 bit of competition.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

NEVER!

seekaee how times have changed! a windoze user not being able to get a peice of softwear for their PC... what a shame... you are right FCP 3.0 is a beast, ive got 2.0 and i will be first up with my ?150 to get the upgrade

------------------
    Dead girl's dont say no!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, IM not gonna say I like M$ either. I hated windows 9x from the first day I used it and when win 2000 came out I never looked back as most people did when they switched over. NT is a whole different story as it?s biggest disadvantage was that it was a real memory hog and there wasn?t a lot of support for it on the consumer market. However, those days are pretty much coming to an end.

Still, you can?t deny the fact your getting a much better deal hardware and price wise when it comes to a PC---no matter what OS your using! And for me this is the only gripe I have with Apple. Because the amount they're charging for a new G4 they should be using SCSI drives then EIDE or that matter ATA?s.

[This message has been edited by seekaee (edited December 10, 2001).]

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast