Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK Guys
    I've read you your coments
    Mac's are more expensive than PC because they're more reliable and have innovations on them that wll hit the PC platform in 2 to 3 years.
    XP users are amazed by wireless connectivity and PC iMovie we've had that for 3 years.That's a long time boys!!!
    In 3 years time they'll be talking about 5gig iPod MP3 players that act as an external hard drive's that you can boot from.and packages like iDVD.
    What us Mac user will be talking about in 3 years who knows but it'll be good.

Apple innovate while Microsoft imitate.

------------------
    MACHEAD
    Windows10P:
    32 bit extension and graphical interface for a 16 bit patch to an
    8 bit operating system initially coded for a
    4 bit microprocessor written by a
    2 bit company that cannot stand 1 bit of competition.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

machead well put!

i'm sorry but your comment davis about macs not being able to have dual processors well the macs on releace have dual processor 800Mhz G4 processors with velocity engine (which is dedicated to graphics desplay of floating point calc.) theses things equate to 1.6 Ghz on paper god knows how fast they go in real life! in addition your comment about pc's being more controlable, well in my experience that just leads to more problems, however, it is still there if you want it in mac os X, where you can access the UNIX command line interface if you want a bit more controll, so there!

and your comment thepreacher about the amount of softwear for pc's - it quality not quantity!
    mac are genuniely better at running the programmes because they were made by apple for apple computers...

i only use my PC for heating my room, when macs are so efficient that they dont even need a fan (BASIC GCSE PHYSICS - inefficiency = heat )

------------------
    Dead girl's dont say no!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh Davis
    Mac's are still around cause of pre-press.Basically they handle Font's alot better than PC's,Have excellent colour management tools.Basically ALL magazines you buy books point of sale material etc. are designed on Mac's.Also 99% of photographer's are on Mac's.and also the medical research use Mac's

Adobe software is designed for the Mac(G4) and its Velocity Engine,that's why when people compare 1.5gightz PC to a Powermac G4 733 the Mac runs alot faster.
    Seeming as everyone here wants to or are using Adode premiere or FCP,maybe the best advice to someone is 'buy a Mac'

OK

------------------
    MACHEAD
    http://www.macosrumors.com/

Inactive Member thepreacher_naric's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quality not quantity ah !
    Tell me a MAC based software that out-does Discreet Logic for Editing and Special Effects and Out-does Alias Wavefront for Animation and I'll kiss your ass..

------------------
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

steven_craig, tell me once where I said anything about dual processors. Anything. At all. I'll wait.

machead, the thought of Mac's getting the innovations 3 years before PCs is LAUGHABLE. I'm getting a hearty chuckle trying to think of anything but Firewire that Mac's had first. Granted, Firewire's a hell of a tool, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. But that doesn't mean Apple's computers are better, it means they invented a cool interface that works on both platforms.

As far as saying, "Well, the control is there in OSX," well, skip de diddle, but if I'm reading you right X means 10 and it took 10 versions of an OS over how many years before they'd let you control your computer as much as I could with my old Tandy? Gracious.

Software being made by Apple for Apple? Um, we're all using Adobe products, made by Adobe. And I'm pretty sure the Microsoft suites that I see on every Mac display is being made for PCs. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure MS is making PC OSs, so they're going to make their office software for PCs too.

You can't take one set of programs, Adobe, and say that since their made for Macs first, then ported, Apple is the better computer. I'm running After Effects, Premiere 5 and Photoshop 6 off this PC, and I'm getting just as good of results as you are.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

maybe I'm stupid but why does a Mac processor run alot faster than a PC then?
    You see I was told Adobe software is optimised for the Mac Velocity engine,I'm obviously wrong!!!So Mac's are just faster therefore better!!!

As for you producing similar results to me I don't think so, I checked out your web site http://www.pmind.com

------------------
    MACHEAD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot about the one-button thing on a mac, that would drive me mad not having right-click context sensitive menus

my perfect OS is Linux, but it's still an OS in need of a decent NLE on par with Premiere etc..

With Linux you get to choose your window manager, so interface arguments become moot -- you just choose the one closest to the way you work.

Linux is the ultimate stick-shift IMHO

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if you want another button on your mouse HOLD DOWN YOUR APPLE KEY AND CLICK.
    Cheat keys are ergonomically placed on your keyboard so repetitive strain injuries from using these keys are unlikely.(unlike Windoze)
    Mac users have there hands hovering over these keys Say if I want to use the crop tool in Photoshopo I press 'C' or if I want to open level's I press 'apple + L'
    this speeds up your work flow.I can work about 3 times faster on a Mac than a PC

I wouldn't describe you guys as ignorant you just know nothing about Mac's!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    MACHEAD

Inactive Member thepreacher_naric's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MACHEAD, this will be the last time I put my 2 bob in. I need to put you in your place.
    This is coming from a guy who was been a computer techo for yonks and some one who has experience in most platforms, ( Linux, PC, UNIX, MAC and IRIX )
    Linux is definelty the most under-rated platform there is today. It will out-do all PC, MAC and most UNIX OS's today. I personally tested the bastard out one day, to check how tuff it was. Running Redhat I deleted the entire /etc directory and the son of a bitch was still running with out a hitch for the next who knows when. It was'nt until I re-booted the box that it fell over. MAC's are a good graphic artist box, but that's about it. Run Photoshop, Illistrator and Quark Express etc. and they'll go good, but when it comes to anything else I would'nt. The Motorolla CPU was designed for graphics in mind but will not run reports and could stand processing databases in form. The PC on the other hand is sort of in the middle of both MAC's and UNIX systems. The can run graphics, not as good, but almost as good as MAC's and they can process databases almost as good as UNIX systems. Although Intel's new 64bit 800Mhz cpu coming out soon will change all that and more. The bastard is faster the SUN's 800mhz cpu and will run Oracle like a dream. SGI have already started using them and they will out-do any 1 to 1 computer on the market. Yes, even the G5. That's a tested fact.
    Now for the conclusion to this arguement. Since we're in a movie forum, lets talk about movie making computer's. The power of a spec'ed SGI with Discreet Logic software i.e. MAYA or Flame or Flint or even Softimage software is an unbeatable match. SGI have done something that Intel will never do. That goes for MAC's too. SGI have created their Mainboards to push a minimum of 2Ghz pipeline of Buss speed from the CPU through the PCI system. Thats why you'll notice that their CPU's hardly push passed 400Mhz. It's cause they don't need to be much faster because of the Buss speed.

------------------
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Because you're PC is slightly faster than mine doesn't mean QUOTE"I'm getting just as good of results as you are."
    I always judge my results subjectively.
    the computer is a tool,although I'm beginning to think that you are also a tool.

I checked out the URL for your other site,I have no opinion I wish to share with you about this site,

I would suggest looking back at my posts on this topic and read what I've said more carefully,

------------------
    MACHEAD

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast