Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know nothing about the camera....My guess is that it was intened as a Home-Movie Camera. If it takes 50' cartridges then you know that is what it was for--If it takes 100' daylight spools then it could have been a bit higher up the food chain.

Yes. It is Reg. 16.

Good Luck

Inactive Member Tasty Fish Lips's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 10, 2005 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Tasty Fish Lips ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Allright, not really a camera question but more a film question, although I'm not entirely sure about that either.

I'd like to make a short with this rough/dreamy feeling, going for blue tints.

Now, I'm thinking Super8 can do the trick. But the Super8 footage I've seen is too 'old looking' if you know what I mean. I want it rough, but notas old home movies from the 50's.

I want it rough but clear enough. Now if anyone can help me with this, or maybe post some stills(with people)of how super8 can be it'd be off great help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I recommend a color reversal film
    the lab costs are cheaper and you can get a feel for it without spending too much
    heres a link to kodak's super 8mm line
    http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/s8mm/
    My fave (though it has alot of limitations) is black and white tri-x reversal

Since this thread is about cameras...
    I have a 16mm reloadable newsreel camera but no reloadable cartridge. Heres what it looks like
    http://homepage.mac.com/hdinatale/iMovieTheater19.html
    I would love to able to shoot a movie with it, so any info on where to find a cartridge would be greatly appreciated.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 29, 2005 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Serge_Valis ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have an old Revere 8 mm CA-7 with a fixed focus Wollensak lens:
    http://particle.physics.ucdavis.edu/...evere_CA-7.jpg
    I have read that a camera with this sort of lens will keep in focus almost anything that is 6 feet distant or more. It seems odd to shoot film without actively focusing the camera. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of lens? It can be pulled out from a 9 mm wide-angle to a 30 mm telephoto.

thanks. great forum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Film Cameras--All Formats

The B&H 627 is a simple but decent 16mm camera. It'll take standard single perf 100' daylight loading spools. Very similar to the B&H filmos.

It's really easy to use with a good range of frame-rates and single frame - annoyingly you can't use a cable release with single frame so probably need to improvise some kind of remote trigger if you want to animate steadily.

The viewfinder is not reflex - each (c-mount) lens comes with a matched viewfinder lens. This is a bit of a limitation as you can't just buy any c-mount. There is a russian (called "kiev 16mm"?) version of a cartridge loading B&H 16mm camera that uses the same viewfinder lenses and can be a good cheap source if you find one with a good set of lenses on ebay.
    <a href="http://www.straight8.net" target="_blank">www.straight8.net</a>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12