Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I met Robert Rodriguez, I shook his hand, he gave me his autograph, and took a pictur

Eliud25

Wink

so you didn't even met Robert? Yes I met Robert if only briefly.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 07, 2002 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Eliud25 ]</font>

Eliud25

He didn't ask me to direct. He considered me that is why he took my letter. Oh by the way, in the letter I talked about Exposure, so mabe Robert could talk to you. So instead of being angry at me you should be glad. Mabe Robert will talk.This is part of my letter to Robert that I gave to his brother: P.S. You are very famous in the United Kingdom in a site called www.exposure.co.uk if you go to the site a picture of you is in the front page. Then if you click on the discussion forum and then click on movies and films then go into exposure guerilla filmmakers forum you will come in contact with some of the best filmmakers on the planet. You are a subject of great discussion and controversy and it would mean a lot to the filmmakers if you would talk to them. I am a member and my member name is Eliud25 and you are like a GOD to them.

Eliud25

If you guys have any more questions feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer them.Thanks.....

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 07, 2002 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Eliud25 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm beginning to think Eluid is Speedy Gonzalez.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey there.

"As I fell asleep I wondered what it all meant. Maybe it was my destiny to be there at the premiere of Spy Kids 2. It was my first premiere and it was my most memorable. One day it will be my premiere and one day I will be famous. I fell asleep knowing that the next day I would talk to great filmmakers at site called Exposure.com and tell them about everything that happened when I met Robert Rodriguez."

Oh man. This guy is f*ckin awesome.

P.S
    If you want to be famous go and audition for chuffin popstars.

Despin out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ho ho ho ho ho ho

Rodriguez may be god to u Eliud, but i think your following a false idol,

ill put money on it, eliud hasnt washed his hands since the encounter

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I'm sorry but all this is really funny to me.

First off I too repspect Rodriguez for what he did with El Mariachi and I too have read his book, three times. I'm also a fan of Desperado and Dusk till' Dawn.

I can't speak for anyone else on this board but I don't look at Rodriguez as some kind of god as you put it. He made movie history with El Mariachi but let's face it, he hasn't really made anymore headlines since then. He's only been doing what other good film makers are doing....making good movies. If you want to talk about movie gods then talk about figures who have actually made landmark movies.

When you wrote a letter to Rodriguez did you tell him that you love him too? [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tell me when you shaked hands with Peter Jackson or Sam Raimi, the true gods.

Inactive Member Yammeryammeryammer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    *sigh*
    This is a sad thread. Eliud, if you think it is your destiny to be famous, then you are getting into this for the wrong reasons. Your trying to live out a movie instead of becoming better at making one. And as far as all this god talk goes. They are just talented guys that took the initiative that few before them had, got lucky, made great movies, and consequently their careers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How is jackson possibly a god?

with that much money and a year-and-a-half of shooting, i mean c'mon.

(opinion will be withdrawn pending results of a DNA test [img]wink.gif[/img] )

ok, so maybe Rami is a god. quick and the dead -AWSOME, not to mention his other films.

Robert Rodriegus is a great film maker, but i for one don't regard many people as gods. i think that its great that he promotes going out and making films for fun, but realistically, if you went out and made a film just as good in the same way he did, i doubt you'll have the same success -been done now, you gota top that to get recognition now.

personaly i dont think you should idolise any film makers, you should make the best films you can, and try to better them. although i'm not saying you shouldnt admire their films